╎019

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟗 』──═✿═──━『 Couch 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟗 』
──═✿═──
━『 Couch 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

Naruto and I waited until our team had left, leaving only Tsunade behind to tell me not to push myself too hard. She mentioned my chakra levels rising for some reason, though I knew the truth—it was my curse mark acting up. Little did Tsunade know, I knew it wasn't still sealed and posed no threat.

What an idiot, I thought, but I kept that to myself. The fewer people who knew about the dangers I carried, the better.

"I'll go in first, just in case," Naruto offered. His hand slipped from mine as he walked into my apartment, the gesture both comforting and protective. I followed closely behind, watching as Naruto surveyed the space. He let out a sigh, shaking his head.

"This is going to be a lot to clean up."

"I know," I mumbled in reply. "But it's okay, I'll be staying with you for a bit, so it doesn't matter."

Naruto didn't respond immediately. His head tilted slightly as something caught his eye—a piece of parchment lying on the floor. My heart skipped a beat. He picked it up, examining the blank side.

Thankfully, he hadn't turned it over to see the writing on the other side. I grasped the parchment from his hands before he had a chance to turn it around. It was a letter from Sasuke, and the contents weren't something I wanted Naruto to see.

"What's that?" he asked, curiosity and concern mingling in his voice.

"Just some old notes," I lied, screwing up the parchment and stuffing it in my pocket. "Nothing important."

Naruto's eyes rested on me with suspicion, but he did not push the issue. Instead, he turned back to the state of my apartment, like choosing to let it go for the moment.

"I was looking at that, y'know," Naruto pouted as I walked away from him to my wardrobe.

"It's just paper, Naruto," I replied, focusing on packing a bag full of clothes for my stay at his place. "How much should I bring?"

"Dunno, stuff for four days, maybe? If Tsunade wants you to stay longer, we can come back and get more," he suggested.

"True," I mumbled. "I can just wash the clothes as well."

"Or that," Naruto replied, watching me take the note from me pocket and crumple the page, dropping it onto the oak floor. "You got everything?"

"Yeah," I said, reaching for the bag to sling it over my shoulder, but Naruto was quicker. He took it from me and slung it over one shoulder.