╎031

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟏 』──═✿═──━『 suffocation 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟏 』
──═✿═──
━『 suffocation 』

(this chapter is long as guys 4.7k words + angst warning)

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

The bright lights brought me into an awakened state, and when I opened my eyes, I squinted back at the light. I turned my head to see where I was and took in curtains, an IV, and four chairs arranged around where I found myself.

My nose scrunched at the sudden wave of antiseptic smell. I sat up as a wave of tiredness washed over me, and suddenly, it hit me. I was in a hospital. Just how did I end up here?

"Sakura?" she says, worried.

The urge again, to rush away from them. I try hard to gather some strength to move on and away from the group, but my vision just blacks out when I make any movements.

My next memory is the feeling of collapse, and in the blackness, I feel the pounding footfalls of my companions rushing to my side. As I collapsed to the floor, the world faded around me, and surrounding by the worried voices and dark shapes of people who were looking for me.

I remember. I really shouldn't have passed out.

"Misaki! You're awake!" My gaze flicks forward to where the voice came from, and it's Sakura. Apparently, my vision cut out just a little too high, as her head is leaning on the hospital bed just beside my hips. "I'll get Lady Tsunade!"

I watched her hasten out of the room to retrieve the Hokage, our sensei—really, hers more than mine. As far as I was concerned, I'd told this training to go fuck itself, in favor of doing way more on my own.

I blink a few times, let my eyes focus on the pasty white sheet into which my fists are tightly gripped. I zone out; everything around me blurs into nothing but a noise. I see them—mother and father lying dead on the wooden floor of my childhood home. I feel that churning within my stomach return once again.

"Misa!" The blurry voice comes, with a lot of urgency, taking a seat beside me, quite rapidly, on the exact chair Sakura sat on. Their hands search for and find mine, warmth seeping through them slowly, dragging me out of the disoriented daze I'm in.

He locks his gaze into mine, his tanned features slanting into an immediate worry. His eyebrows furrow, and his ocean eyes are smeared with concern.

"Misaki," Naruto says softly. "You're crying. Are you okay? You were really messed up, what happened?"

One of my hands slips out from under his and I touch my cheek. I lean back a bit to examine the salty liquid on the tips of my fingers. There was nothing on my face, no emotion. I couldn't feel anything other than apathy.