╎029

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟐𝟗 』──═✿═──━『 I will 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟐𝟗 』
──═✿═──
━『 I will 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

I woke to the soft, golden light of dawn, which bled through the curtains to strike right into the room. Naruto was still against me, his head on my shoulder; I could feel him stir just a little as his breathing changed from deep sleep into light awareness.

I pushed a lock of his hair out of his face; my fingertips brushed against his cheek. "Good morning," I whispered.

Naruto's eyes fluttered open and blinked groggily as they fixed upon mine. A small smile tugged at his lips as he shifted closer to me, his hold around me tightening. "Morning, Misa," he mumbled back, his voice still husky with sleep.

We lay there in comfortable silence for some while longer, enjoying the quiet intimacy of the morning. Then, Naruto propped himself up on one elbow; his expression was serious, but his eyes still held that warmth.

"Misa," he started, hesitating for a bit as if searching for the right words. "I. I want to ask you something."

I raised an eyebrow, curious and slightly apprehensive. "What is it, Naruto?"

He took a big, deep breath, never holding his gaze from mine. "I know we have gone through hell, and things haven't always been plain sailing. But I want to be there for you, through it all. More than just being your friend or teammate, I was wondering if I could be your boyfriend?"

My heart skipped a beat, and my insides surged with love and affection. There he was, serious and vulnerable, and I could sense just how much that really meant to him. A smile spread over my face as I reached up to cup his cheek, my thumb feather-light against his skin.

"Yes, Naruto," I said, trying to keep the emotions from my voice. "I'd love that."

Naruto's face lit up with a brilliant grin before he reached out and gently pressed his lips to mine. "Thank you, Misa," he whispered against my mouth. "You make me so happy."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, tugging him closer. "You make me happy, too, Naruto. More than you'll ever know."

This morning I did absolutely nothing but hang out with Naruto. Getting up, we got dressed and headed down to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. Scrambled eggs, just off the stove, and sizzling, fragrant bacon blended together with humming from Naruto.

We finally sat down to eat, and Naruto was bubbling over with excitement. He chattered and chirped about his training and how far he hoped to progress, his eyes sparkling excitedly. I listened, smiling, and enjoyed the simple pleasure of sharing a meal together.