╎036

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟔 』──═✿═──━『  Lost memories  』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟔 』
──═✿═──
━『  Lost memories  』

(fugaku is a trigger in this chapter...)

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

"Tadaima!" Itachi's warm, familiar voice echoed right into my heart, like an injection of happiness. Sasuke and I looked up from the toys scattered across the floor, our eyes shining at the sight of our big brother, who was finally back home after a long day at the academy.

"Big Brother!" Sasuke had called, and together we scrambled to our feet, racing each other down the stairs to greet him at the entrance.

We ran into Itachi in a joyful tackle, our little arms wrapping tightly around his waist. Everything seemed to be in the right place again with his familiar scent and the solace his presence brought.

"Welcome home, Big Brother!" Sasuke and I chimed together, our voices a harmonious blend of happiness.

Itachi chuckled softly, ruffling our hair with affection. "It's good to be home," he said, his smile warm and genuine.

"Let's go play, Big Brother!" Sasuke exclaimed, his eyes wide with excitement, mirroring my own eager expression.

But just before Itachi could say anything, our mother's voice sliced through the moment: low, yet resolute. "Sasuke, Misaki, your brother has some homework to deal with from the Academy," standing with a basket of clean clothes at the entrance. "You've just got to wait till he gets through with it."

The pout etched into the faces of both Sasuke and mine; our moods dropped visibly as we hung on Itachi, the disappointment obvious.

"It's okay, I will do my homework later. Moreover, it's easy," replied Itachi, and our eyes once again shone with excitement.

"Is that so?" I asked, pulling myself closer to his body, and my arms tightened at his waist. Itachi's hand ruffled through my hair, something that felt so tender and caring.

"Thank you, Big Brother," I whispered, surge of gratitude and love overflowed.

"Misaki," my mother's voice cut in, strict and firm, and it sent a tiny shiver down my spine. "Your father wants to speak with you. You'll have to play with Itachi another time."

"What?" I replied in disbelief, feeling my heart sink at the thought of being separated from my adored brother.

"It's all right, Misa," Itachi hummed softly, his serene character helping to calm my escalating jitters. "We will play some other time." He flicked my forehead with his two fingers; it was always a familiar procedure that would make me smile, but this time I pouted.