╎026

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟐𝟔 』──═✿═──━『 dead 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟐𝟔 』
──═✿═──
━『 dead 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

I woke up to the sight, now all too familiar, of Naruto's apartment, but he wasn't there to my disappointment. The bed beside mine was still warm, so he hadn't left too long ago. I sat up, and the throbbing of my curse mark was rather familiar by now. Ignoring the pain, I reminded myself of the things that should be done and decided to go see Naruto.

As I approached the training ground, I saw Sakura standing near Naruto; both of her hands were on him, for whatever reason. Jealousy flared in me, quickening my steps.

"Misaki!" Sakura called out cheerfully upon seeing me, while Naruto turned around, frantically searching for me.

"Misa!" His eyes lit up upon seeing me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, buried his head into my shoulder. His touch sent the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I wrapped my arms around his neck, laying my head against his chest, feeling the moment. "How are you feeling?" Naruto hummed, filled with concern.

"I'm fine, so I thought I'd come see you," I said, feeling my eyes close as I soaked in his comforting presence.

"Hurry it up, Misaki," Hanami growled in my mind. Her voice was like poison. I tensed in Naruto's embrace.

"Misa, you okay?" Naruto asked. Worry was etched in his voice.

"I am, Naruto," I replied, forcing a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I just remembered something I have to do."

"Oh, okay," Naruto mumbled, sounding slightly down, and his arms loosened slightly but seemed quite reluctant to release me.

"I'll be home with you tonight, don't worry," I promised and pulled away just enough to place a soft kiss on his lips. Before he could even open his eyes, I slipped away, leaving him standing there with a lingering look on his face of longing.

"There are five ANBU members watching you," the voice of Hanami in my mind rang, cold and businesslike. "I want you to kill all of them if you want to snoop around for information."

Her command sent chills down my spine, but I caught myself nodding. "Understood," I said, my words tumbling out of my mouth before I consciously thought them over.

The night fell, and inky blackness covered the village. I moved silently, the throbbing of the curse mark now a dull, constant ache that I had grown used to. My first target perched upon a rooftop, his eyes scanning the area below. I approached from behind, every step calculated and silent. I unsheathed my kunai with a swift motion and drove it into the back of his neck, severing his spinal cord. He crumpled without a sound, his body collapsing into the darkness.