╎017

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟕 』──═✿═──━『 Trouble 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟕 』
──═✿═──
━『 Trouble 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

I stood in Lady Tsunade's office; the air was thick with tension. Shizune was at her side, standing formally as always. Tsunade's elbows were propped on the desk, her fingers intertwined to support the weight of her chin. The two ANBU who had escorted me here stood a meter to either side of me but a few steps behind.

"Tsunade," I bowed, trying to lighten things with a smirk on my face.

"Remember to address Lady Tsunade formally, use your manners," Shizune said with a strict comment. I then straightened up with the smirk still slightly tugging at the corner of my lips.

Tsunade balanced herself up on her elbows with one hand and motioned the ANBU members away. The room fell into an uncomfortable silence, the tension thick from unsaid words. I felt a surge of annoyance into my features as my eyes rolled upwards.

"If none of you are going to say anything, then I will," I said, putting a hand on my hip and shifting my weight over to one leg, evidence that I was becoming tired of waiting around.

Tsunade's eyes hardened, her voice cold, authoritative. "You, Misaki, will be staying here until I decide what to do with you."

I let out a humored sigh, shaking my head slightly. "Or, to save you the trouble, you could just forget about it."

Tsunade didn't lean back an inch into her chair. "You committed a crime, Misaki," she replied. "You will have to face suitable consequences, especially for that jutsu you used."

"It's not like I was in control," I said, cocking my head.

Tsunade's gaze narrowed. "Actually, you were in control of Antithesis and under the influence of the curse mark: The Balance."

"Why do you even care?" I scoffed, my eyes growing dark as resentment washed over me. "I never knew you paid that much attention to me during our training."

Tsunade's face softened for a bit, just a little flash of worry breaking through her strict expression. "Of course, I did," she said. "I've always kept an eye on you. But now, my eyes open to your true nature—your personality's changed. You're happy only when you're with Naruto, and you drain him of his happiness to fuel your own."

"I love him. Of course, I'm happy around him," I said, my eyes darkening as I turned to face Tsunade. It was bold of her, really, to bring up a reference to the conversation we had years ago.

"Studying forbidden jutsu is nothing to be proud of – let alone using it," Tsunade replied, sternly.

"I told you I was selfish, and I'm running out of time," I continued, modulating my voice to be even but insistent. "I've been milking this dream life for far too long."