╎034

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟒 』──═✿═──━『 I'm done 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟒 』
──═✿═──
━『 I'm done 』

(long asf chapter agn)

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

My feet carried me across the floor into Tsunade's office. The weight of everything that had recently fallen on me felt even heavier on my shoulders. Seated at the table in Tsunade's office were Jiraiya, Tsunade, Naruto, and Sakura, who didn't appear very light in their facial expressions. A heavy tension seemed to flow within the room, making it feel as though a bomb were going to go off at any second due to the awkwardness between Naruto and myself now that we were no longer a couple.

"Sorry I'm late," I said, trying to make it firm, but it was half-hearted. My gaze shied from everyone—Naruto most particularly—and the burn between the two of us was sharp.
Tsunade nodded sparely, her eyes assessing. "Come, Misaki," she said briskly but with a reassuring tone. "I have news."

I stood next to Sakura with a straightened posture as Tsunade began to talk. The air in the room was heavy; it was as if a situation like a storm was brewing. Those were dagger looks Naruto threw my way—silent accusations that added to the weight upon my shoulders.

"What did you want to discuss?" I asked, my voice betraying none of the turmoil swirling within me.

"We've had reports from several sources," Tsunade said, her face serious. "It appears Orochimaru is dead."

Beside me, Sakura gasped softly, her hand flying up to cover her mouth, eyes wide with shock. Naruto stared at her eyes wide, then took on a look of disbelief before shifting into one of outrage with undertones of confusion and worry.

"What? How?" Naruto barked in an almost urgent voice.

Her gaze steady, Tsunade continued, "According to the reports, Uchiha Sasuke killed Orochimaru."

The words came like a body blow, and I stopped cold. Everyone reacts to things differently: suddenly, I found my fingers moving to pick at the dried blood on the incantation mark etched into my palm, a nervous habit that grounded me in the moment. A sudden sharp sting made me wince as I gouged too deep, drawing fresh blood.

"Seriously?! For real?!" Naruto's voice echoed through the room, full of disbelief and hope.

"There's no mistake, I heard it from a trustworthy source," Jiraiya confirmed, his expression serious.

Power surged up within Sakura's eyes. "Then that means."

"I knew Orochimaru couldn't break him!" Naruto went on, his overtone containing unspoken maudlin sadness. "Then Sasuke's coming back to Konoha! Right?!"