╎035

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟓 』──═✿═──━『 I'm

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟓 』
──═✿═──
━『 I'm... what? 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

As Madara and I materialized in the shadowy dimension where Sasuke and Itachi were lying, something hung heavy in the air. Sasuke was alive but unconscious, his breath really shallow. Itachi, however, lay still, the serene expression on his face quite contrasting with what was playing in my heart.

I knelt beside them; the thought of touching Itachi's cold, lifeless face made my hands shake. My vision was blurry from the welling-up tears in my eyes, and the grief seemed to be on the verge of taking over. "I'm sorry, Itachi," I said, my voice barely audible. "I should have stopped Sasuke. I should have protected you."

My mind flashed back to the truths I had uncovered, the revelations that shattered everything: Itachi's mission, the burden he bore alone, knowing the truth of the Uchiha massacre—it wasn't his fault. Sacrificing everything, enduring the hatred of the world to protect Konoha, to protect his brother, he now lay here as a martyr of destiny from which he struggled so desperately to change.

"I know the truth now," I murmured, my voice thick with sorrow and determination. "And I promise you, Itachi, I am going to make them pay. I'm going to destroy Konoha, starting with those elders who did this to you."

Madara just watched me with his mask obscuring any expression. That Sharingan of his gleamed with a knowing light, as if he understood the depths of my resolve, the darkness that now filled my soul. His presence, once a source of uncertainty, now felt like some twisted comfort in my newfound purpose.

The vow I had just made reverberated in the forest around us, with trees whispering secrets of past injustices and future reckoning. Thereafter, the wind did stir, carrying the scent of blood and the promise of revenge.

I knew at that moment there was no turning back.

"I won't rest until justice is served," I declared with a voice so true to its chilling certainty. "For you, Itachi. For everything they took from us."

"Come, Misaki, we shall take Sasuke and Itachi elsewhere," Madara began, walking up behind me. "Those Konoha folk are coming towards us quickly."

I nodded, and my resolve only grew more resolute. Carefully, I gathered Sasuke up into my arms, holding his limp, unconscious body close to mine. Madara did the same with Itachi, taking the body of the dead man with an almost reverent tenderness. A swirl of dark chakra enveloped us, and we were gone, with the whispers of the past and the nearing Konoha team left behind.

We reappeared in a secluded cave, dimly lit with the scent of damp earth and old secrets hanging heavy in the air. I set Sasuke down as gently as possible onto the improvised bed of cloaks and blankets. My eyes refused to leave his pale face. His breaths were shallow, but he was alive.