╎039

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟗 』──═✿═──━『 So he's Shimura Danzo 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟗 』
──═✿═──
━『 So he's Shimura Danzo 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

"I can sense something!" Karin exclaimed as we ran through the snow-covered forest. "Stop! Suigetsu, look around through the water!"

We came to a halt, the cold biting through our clothes as Suigetsu delved into the nearby stream. His ability to manipulate water allowed him to scan the area efficiently. We waited, the silence of the snow-covered landscape amplifying the tension.

After a few moments, Suigetsu resurfaced. "They've fortified their defenses because of the Gokage summit," he reported, shaking off the water from his form.

Sasuke's eyes narrowed. "Jugo, use animals to scout out the summit site."

Jugo nodded and summoned an owl, which took off into the sky, its wings silent against the backdrop of falling snow. We stood in anticipation, the cold air filling our lungs with each breath. It wasn't long before the owl returned, landing gracefully on Jugo's arm.

"There's a route that climbs up from the west. Not too many lookouts," Jugo confirmed, his voice steady and assured.

"Karin, keep an eye on the chakra positions of the lookouts at all times," Sasuke ordered, his tone leaving no room for error. "We are going in."

"Me too?!" Karin asked, her voice tinged with shock. Typically, she wouldn't be part of such direct confrontations.

Zetsu, with his usual composed demeanor, hummed. "Yeah?"

Suigetsu couldn't resist a sarcastic remark. "Time to let your skills shine," he said with a smirk, earning a glare from me. This was no time for bickering or sarcasm.

"Jeez, sorry. I'll stop," Suigetsu muttered, raising his hands in a placating gesture.

Turning my attention to Zetsu, I asked, "Zetsu, right?"

"Yeah?" he responded, his dual-toned voice resonating through the cold air.

"Confirm which of them is Danzo for Sasuke and me. You're coming with us," I instructed, my tone leaving no room for argument. 

Zetsu nodded, his expression inscrutable. "Understood."

"Can't we just ambush him now? I'm exhausted already," Suigetsu groaned, referring to Danzo, his voice carrying a hint of impatience and weariness.