Chapter 35: Kobold Village

After empowering the kids, I struck up a conversation with Lili, who was now occupying my shoulder as the lead seat.

"Lili, could you do me a favor and filter those guys out?"

[...hey I've noticed that since we've been back, you haven't stopped asking me for things. Hum..., but I'm a generous lady and I'll lend you my help].

I asked her to let in beasts between one and two stars and keep the stronger ones away, while I concentrated on supporting the children. Despite his usual complaints, I relied on his help without hesitation.

"But if not you, who else am I going to trust? You're an indispensable partner and I wouldn't trade you for anything." I said to please her a little

[Hummf... that's good for you to know.]

When she heard what I said, she snorted at me, but I know she's happy with my words. Now that we are back, her personality also became simpler and she is easy to deal with. But it is true that I thank Lili from the bottom of my heart.

She is a companion who walked the same path as me and someone I can trust with every fiber of my being. And I know that with her I don't have to walk alone on this path I chose to take. Having someone to share everything with is very important for people, and I am no exception. I am sure that without her I would have broken down long ago in my previous life.

Some time passed as I made sure to keep the kids safe without them noticing my intervention. The children looked like berserkers on the war field. That was the problem with mind-enhancing or mind-interfering spells.

It could become detrimental, but all the mind-boosting spells I gave them were imbued with the trait Will, so they retained their reasoning above all else and kept their minds intact, sure the heat of the moment might cause them to get lost in the glare of battle, but their minds are intact from any harm, which allowed me to empower them without fear of retaliation. When I saw that they were at their limits, even with my help, I asked Lili to completely block the area.

When the battle came to an end, I undid the spells I had cast, which caused the children to begin to collapse. I was only able to catch Eirlys, who was closest to me. I recognized that it had been quite hard, but it was a necessary lesson. I took it upon myself to clean up the area, picking up the bodies of the kobold monsters.

What differentiated the mosses from the beasts that the monsters were not native to this world, they were considered invaders and were to be eliminated immediately according to human common sense.

At first I was surprised to find out that there was something that children could not handle in the area, but if it was monsters, it made sense. I guess there is or was 'it' somewhere in the area.

Come nightfall, I woke the kids up to return to our base. Although they were not physically injured, mental and physical fatigue was evident. We walked until, at dusk, we reached our base.

I provided them with food without cooking and we retired to sleep. I informed them that there was no need to hunt the next day. That night, Eirlys clung to me tighter than ever. If she were not physically stronger, she would have suffocated me. Otherwise, the night passed without incident.

At dawn, I headed straight for the battle site and followed the trail to a small village at the foot of a mountain. I was amazed at the number of kobolds. There were about two thousand kobolds, with at least 300 three-star creatures and 50 four-star or higher.

This far exceeded my expectations. In addition, I noticed that the village was connected to a cave in the mountain, from where I detected a dangerous presence. I also opened the mission I received yesterday after getting the children to safety.

----------------------------------------

**Mission: Eliminate all the Kobolds**.

Locate the kobold village and kill all kobolds.

**Reward:

Fragment of a forgotten world,

Double acquisition of (SP) by killing kobold

--------------------------------------------------------

When I asked Gaia what this fragment of the forgotten world was, she explained to me that it is an item that when I get in contact with a person allows me to see their future or rather the events of my past life from the point of view of that person, the good thing is that I can choose which moment I can see so I don't have to worry about seeing a common day of that person, this item has many uses and honestly I want more but I saw that in the store it cost 100,000 (SP) per fragment and there was a limit on how much I could buy so I have to use them wisely.

Back to the main issue for me facing two thousand creatures would not be easy, but it was an opportunity to move up in rank. For some reason, the experience monsters and demons provided was superior to beasts of the same rank, which would allow me to gain a lot of experience and perhaps move up.

With those thoughts in mind, I requested Lili to maintain concealment and used rank 4 arcane spells for effectiveness. I imbued myself with multiple physical and mental reinforcement and empowerment spells, including some lightning and light element spells, and some dark element spells, courtesy of Lili.

This gave me extraordinary power, turning the task into a massacre. Although the mana cost was high, I could maintain this state for several hours thanks to the mana potions.

With stealth as my ally and magic dancing all around me, I entered the kobold village. Sunlight filtered through the trees, creating shadow patterns that danced in the wind. Every movement was calculated, every breath measured as I advanced between the scattered huts and silently eliminated their residents.

I also found groups of kobolds gathered around campfires, preparing food or readying rudimentary weapons. Among them, there were young kobolds, just learning the ways of life, and elders watching the new generation grow up.

There were many gathered in one place and it was risky if they caused a scandal I had to finish this quickly luckily there were none above three stars My heart was pounding, but I kept my mind clear and my senses alert.

"The Art of Heavenly Punishment: third stance: Fulminating Burst."

With my double daggers and Maximized with other spells, I used the third stance of the art of heavenly punishment immediately with great speed I performed countless quick slashes and eliminated many of the stronger kobolds around the campfire.

As for the weaker ones, Lili struck them with stakes of darkness. There was no mercy or discrimination at this point. I took out over 100 kobolds without causing a ruckus, thanks to the sound barriers and external jammers I had placed.

I continued to clear the village, making sure not to cause noise as I eliminated the kobolds inside the huts. This was more complicated with the four-star kobolds, as they could alert the others before being eliminated. Before attacking them, cast several sealing spells and additional barriers to avoid attracting attention.

"Redeeming Radiance."

"Pure Luminescence"

"Chained Dawn"

"Static Fulgor"

"Electro-immobilizer"

[Penumbra Threshold]

[Enveloping Abyss]

[Tenebrous Essence]

Between Lili and I, we cast several sealing spells to be sure the four-star guys don't make too much of a fuss. Although the mana cost was high, it was worth it, as the four-star kobolds also dropped valuable cores. Despite facing some setbacks, I continued to hunt kobolds for the rest of the day.

When I reached the figure of a thousand kobolds eliminated, the remaining kobolds began to notice that something was wrong. And they began to gather, trying to protect each other, but that wasn't enough to stop me.

I continued to eliminate the kobolds, until the last 500 were grouped in the center of the village, among them was a particularly large one carrying a giant axe. At that moment I had an idea I wanted to try and the situation was ideal.