Chapter 79: Night Assault

In the night, wasting no time, I infiltrated the fortress again. This time I called Lili, as this job needed to be completed with precision. As I did before, I went through the first barrier avoiding all eyes.

In the meantime, I had a six-star concealment spell that was maintained by Lili. I moved quickly and precisely, placing the bombs in strategic places.

To be on the safe side, I used some simple concealment runes in case they were found. I melted into the night until I successfully placed the bombs, concentrating on the south, east and west gates, and some in the other strategic locations.

I looked toward the center of the fortress, where there was a second wall that seemed stronger than the first. I didn't dare approach as the detection barriers were too many and a small mistake could cause me to be trapped in the enemy camp, which even had barriers that prevented teleportation. Even though it was a rare ability there were objects that could replicate it to some extent I placed several bombs around this second wall...,

I got close enough to be able to see the state of the ritual, I noticed that they continued to perform it. From the intensity of energy, I could see that there were only about three days left until it was completely saturated.

I tried to get closer, but at that moment I stopped. I felt the presence of a six-star being moving. Out of the largest and closest camp to the ritual came an ogre, almost twice the size of the others, with skin close to blood red.

He wore numerous skulls, either human or beast, making a necklace. He had no special equipment, only pants made of skins. His huge belly was not just fat, but an accumulation of muscles that balanced the rest of his body, defined with muscles that screamed danger.

The moment he came out of the fur store, he looked in my direction. He seemed to be looking for something. When his gaze met mine for a second, I prepared to fight, but his gaze passed me by and he continued to look around. Finding nothing, he scratched his head, which unlike the other ogres had black hair, doubtfully, but eventually returned to his tent.

When the ogre re-entered, I sighed out the air I had been holding and went no closer than this. As far as I knew, the stage wasn't meant for one to face this creature, so I didn't have to fight it to complete the scenario. With one last look, I turned back.

The camp was dark, and from a distance, it looked like they were asleep. It was about 3 a.m. and everything looked normal. But once up close, I could tell that the entire camp was awake and well armed. I went to Hayato to report my mission accomplished, and at his command, I activated the bombs.

What followed was a melody of chaos and destruction, thunderous sounds whose remnants reached all the way to the kingdoms' camp. The explosion was so great that it destroyed several barriers and I could see the situation with my Eyes of Truth more clearly. Although the explosions were intense and killed and destroyed those nearby, they could not break the wall completely. But the gates, where I had concentrated most of the bombs, were destroyed, and many barriers with them.

Immediately, the three armies went on the attack. They had already agreed that they would start with ranged attacks. When they were close enough, the archers began firing arrows and the magic cannons accompanied them, killing more ogres and goblins in their wake.

The monsters, in chaos, tried to organize themselves, but to no avail, and they were slowly eradicated all that remained on the wall.

The three armies began to create ice bridges with the potions provided, reaching the wall with almost no casualties.

The first light of dawn began to tinge the sky with shades of orange and pink as the battle continued. The chaos and destruction that had been unleashed during the early morning showed no signs of abating.

The armies of the three kingdoms kept up the pressure on the fortress, launching coordinated attacks and trying to exploit any weaknesses in the enemy's defenses.

The fortress remained a formidable bastion. Despite the initial explosions and casualties, the defenders had reorganized. The demons and stronger monsters were taking control, launching counterattacks and their sheer numbers were keeping our forces in check. The protective runes that had not been destroyed by the bombs were still active, adding an additional layer of difficulty to our advance.

I made sure to destroy every barrier I saw if I had the chance by casting imbued break, acceleration, conductive, punishing, and holy encises at the weak points my eyes of truth found, the casualties on our side continued to mount, but those of the monsters were many more.

From my position at the front, I could see the determination on the faces of the soldiers. Despite the fatigue and casualties, they kept their formation and continued to advance. Eirlys, at the other end of the fortress along with the other guys were rampaging I could also see Clayton who was almost at the front of the Kazan kingdom mercenary group fighting with the other guys.

The battle continued and we decimated the strength of the demons, I was on the lookout for casualties on my side and attacked every demon or monster that could cause massive casualties.

until the demons and the more powerful ones began to retreat to the second wall due to our pressure and well organized troops.

The second wall was damaged because we had placed bombs around the second wall causing damage to the structure and runes but apparently in the hours it took us to arrive they were able to repair it and reinforce it further and it even seemed more impenetrable.

But it was not in vain because the wizards who could cause casualties kept busy, when the three kingdoms arrived in the three directions began the second siege with cannons and arrows, but the barriers prevented them from causing much damage, there were still about 500 thousand monsters and demons.

On our side the kingdom that had only come with 50 thousand and since the beginning of the campaign 10 thousand had died but 5 thousand were out of combat due to wounds and more, we had more than half of our army and adding the three kingdoms we had approximately 150 thousand soldiers and mercenaries.

we were outnumbered, but, although it might not seem like it we had the advantage, now with a better position the magic weapons began to slowly wear down the barriers. the kingdoms had spared no resources and had given their all with more siege resources arriving from the rear every hour.

The battle reached the night and the three kingdoms had already made their own barricades to continue the siege, even at night, the mercenaries and the attacking soldiers retreated to rest leaving only the cannons firing during the night they planned to wear down the barriers until they broke according to my calculations it would take one more day almost close to the time limit for the rift to expand.

..

.

I was in my tent as I was having a conversation in my head.

'then the time has come'

['yes now they will make their move' ]

'I see make sure you don't let them out of your sight, you're almost done now huh?'

['finally haaa... I'm exhausted from watching these guys all day long' ]

Finishing the communication I headed off into the darkness of the night without being noticed or attracting attention, the day's events were not yet over.