Chapter 66: Sacrifice, Dominion, Betrayal

For a moment I was disoriented. When I could see properly, I realized that we were in a train station. It was crowded, with many people coming and going.

I looked around and noticed that armed men and women were the ones boarding the trains, while people who looked like civilians were getting off with their families and children.

Amidst the confusion, no one noticed our sudden appearance, or perhaps they could not perceive us. While I was analyzing the environment and thinking about the objective of the maze, I heard Gaia's voice.

[A DESTINY SCENARIO HAS BEEN DETECTED. ACTIVATING GAIA'S SECONDARY FUNCTION. THE USER NOW HAS THE ABILITY TO SEE THE ESSENCE OF THE SCENARIO]].

---------------------------------------------------

Mission: Trials of Destiny (Lightning)

You are in a train terminal connecting three realms facing an impending crisis. Select one and change its intended destination.

Select among the three kingdoms:

- Kazan Kingdom (Dominion)

- Tenjin Kingdom (Sacrifice)

- Myong Kingdom (Betrayal)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I could see a mission window in front of me and thought of a possibility. To reaffirm my assumption, I asked Gaia.

"Gaia, is this what I believe?"

[[AS THE USER MAY HAVE NOTICED, THE GAIA SYSTEM MISSIONS AFFECT THE TEST YOU HAVE ENTERED AND ALLOW YOU TO SEE THE ESSENCE AND GOAL OF THE TEST].

This really surprised me. I didn't think Gaia had the ability to tell me what to do in these mazes. Usually when you enter the mazes you have to search for answers on your own and adapt to the type of scenario or test, blindly moving forward until you find clues that may or may not be part of the conquest objective.

That's why they are so difficult and it's rare that you can complete them on the first try. Although I knew when and where some dungeons would appear, I've only been able to enter some and conquer them, but I don't know what the scenarios and requirements are for those I didn't enter.

This is one of the ones I had never entered, but now that I know what I have to do, everything is easier. This Gaia function will be very useful to me.

"Boss, what is this place?"

"...."

"Boss!"

"....Ahh, nothing. I was just thinking. As I had told you, this is a maze be on the lookout for any changes in the situation."

"Yes, boss!"

"Well, so far so good, follow me," I told the kids as I stood in line to buy a ticket. While in line, I checked my body and noticed the changes brought about by the maze.

My stats and rank dropped back to third rank, and all skills also decreased in rank. While this is bad, it's not the worst, as they usually seal skills when they are higher rank. I guess this is also an intervention by Gaia.

It's a bit annoying, since I just recently ascended, but that's what the Eight Labyrinths are. I looked at the children and saw that, in turn, their ranks increased. They seemed to notice, as they were excited.

At that moment, my gaze located the guys from the Blood Moon guild. They were in another line, buying tickets to Tenjin Realm I guess it's obvious what to do even without the Gaia system so I put them out of my mind for the moment and put back in my mind what I was going to do, now that I have Gaia. Solving this maze is easier, so I'm going to change the plans a bit. When I got to the counter, the sales lady asked me which ticket I wanted to buy.