Chapter 44 : familiar face

In the evening, when the store finally closed, I was able to meet up with the tired Chris, who had black circles under his eyes. It seemed that this lack of sleep was taking its toll on him. When he saw me, I felt his gaze sparkle as if he was looking at a walking bag of gold.

"...Well, Christian, I see business is going well," I commented.

"Of course it's going well. Not only that, I think I've earned in the last few days what I had earned in a year," he replied.

I wasn't going to mention how bad he was doing for ten days of hard work to compare to a year of sales. So I went straight to the point I wanted to get to.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but you'll have to close the business tomorrow."

"Why!!!? Business is good and one day's loss is too much," he was quick to reply.

"Calm down, don't get ahead of yourself. Let me explain," I told him.

I had already planned what to do. Tomorrow I'll go with Christian to sell some of the stuff I got. Of course, I won't sell anything flashy or anything traceable. I'll sell all the kobold minerals and jewelry, as well as some weapons and items I got from the treasure.

The rest I'll sell slowly over time, and I'm even planning to put some on the black market auction to raise more funds. But now that I have some left over, I'm planning to invest. Not only in some companies, brands and companies that will be big in the future, but also in Chris. I realized that we can grow even bigger than I had planned.

When I told Chris about my plans, he immediately agreed.

The next day, after trading and selling all the items for luminacoin(LC), there were still many hours left in the day. We were in the richer and more affluent sections of the mid-west section. We were seeing some empty places and stores to shop. Although Christian's store falls within the range of the intermediate zone, it is on the outer edge , so it is not a place you would frequent unless you lived nearby.

On the other hand, the place where we are is the most affluent of the west intermediate area. There were many tall buildings, large supermarkets, many cars and most importantly, each building was equipped with various magic items that made life easier such as buildings with continuous light and water as well as magic items for cleaning, security and entertainment everything was running on magic energy(mana) it's like a paradise compared to the outlying area where I had lived they don't even look like they are in the same era .

"It's finally time to go back to civilization," I commented.

[You're right. It's been years since humanity fell and since we've been back, we've been in that forgotten area or in the forest]. Even Lili missed the comforts of human society.

Honestly, all but the poorest areas of the capital were provided with things like drinking water, houses with magic items, and mana sustenance. Therefore, if it were not for the fact that after the fall of humanity I lived wandering without any luxuries or technology, I would have been uncomfortable living in the poor area again.

I had already bought a building that would act as an orphanage where the children would have everything they needed to live with dignity. It was a big building, I knew it would be something important even in the future, so I spared no expense. The same with Chris's store. We bought a 20-story building for our store headquarters as I plan to expand more, I wouldn't have been able to do all this if it wasn't for the treasure I found.

And to think that ten days ago I was worried about buying a dagger that, at most, would be the price of a 5 star weapon. And now I can easily pull a weapon with that value out of my storage. When we decided everything, Christian contacted the alchemists guild for manpower. Now that the potion recipe is patented by our store and other stores can't use it, at least not openly for a while, we can start the business on a larger scale.

The next day I took the nearly 200 children who now made up my group to the place where they will live. The reaction of the children when I told them that we would be leaving the outlying areas to live in the areas in between was a bit touching. When they saw their new place to live and all the luxuries, some of them could not hold back and shed tears as they fell to the ground as if they had accomplished something that was impossible.

Honestly, if it wasn't for my concern for Clayton and Eirlys, who were captured with me, and what was in store for the future, I would have had the same reaction. The difference of living in the outlying areas from the in-between is completely different, some must have even had it as a life goal.

None of us had large personal belongings, so the transition was easy. On the other hand, I had to make a decision and gathered the children, including the awakened ones, in one place. When they arrived, I began to talk.

"As you know, all this time I have been training them to be stronger and to be able to survive. But everyone here has experienced firsthand that the world is not so simple. I know that some of you, even though you follow all my orders, have doubts about what my goal is. So I will make it clear: I want to form a guild and, in the future, I want you to be part of it."

If my goal was to gain power and influence and the easiest way, besides trade, was to create a guild, I already had everything agreed with Christian and it was time for us to start implementing it. So I went around explaining everything to the kids.

"But I know some of them don't like to fight, but I'm not going to look down on them for that . So they have the chance to become alchemists." Christian and I came to the agreement that we can no longer depend on the alchemist guild, so we will raise our alchemists as well.

Children are the best option, or for them to help in our business if they are not talented. These kids know better than anyone that free stuff doesn't exist and they know how to take advantage of opportunities, and that's the reason why they are here. They knew better than to join us and now they can reside in this area.

I did not threaten anyone to kick them out, as it was not necessary. So, a third of the children, including 5 of the 40 awakened, volunteered to be apprentice alchemists. The rest agreed to be adventurers and belong to the guild I am planning to create.

So the days passed and now there were only 3 days left for the auction, and I am in a place where I know items can be placed for sale. My goal was to get rid of the items that seemed to be stolen from the old midnight cult.

After locating the place, I went to sell those items. Thanks to now having the transformation ability, I was able to make myself taller and with a mask, I was able to disguise my identity. It would be hard to see through me unless I have an ability like the eyes of truth. I met with a manager and put various items up for sale.

Because of the type of business being done, they didn't ask where I got the items or my identity. They know it would be bad news if I happened to work for a big shot or some high-ranking noble family.

So it was easy for me to sell everything. In doing so, I was also able to win a space to attend the auction. I was also given a catalog to see what was so far in the auction. I set about exploring it and suddenly, while looking through the catalog, I could notice someone who, although young, looked familiar.