Chapter 49: Resolution

When we arrived at the building that now functioned as an orphanage, I shed my disguise and removed my mask. The little girl was surprised, but that didn't reduce her fear at the bizarre situation and she was still trembling, not understanding what I had planned for her

"Relax, I won't do anything to you. I just want to ask you something," I said in a soft voice, trying to reassure her. I knew she must be tired and full of questions after being kidnapped, auctioned and sold. I had lived through that too and I understood that it is reassuring to have things clear about your situation even so I had to ask her so I tried to soothe her a little.

"Look, I'm not a bad person. I didn't buy you with bad intentions, ...look I'm a good person," I tried to tell her, but Lili interrupted me.

['You sound like an old man trying to kidnap her.']

'hey, if you're not going to help, don't interfere,' I replied. Lili materialized and took her characteristic cat form. She approached the little girl and preened next to her. This seemed to calm her down a lot and she even smiled as she petted Lili.

"haaa...Okay, I understand. I'm just going to ask you: do you have any relatives or acquaintances who have red eyes and black hair like me?" It's hard to deal with The little girl, even Lili is better than me, even so even though she was focused on Lili, she looked at me fearfully and answered.

"...Y-yes."

Her answer was short but confirmed my suspicions.

"Do you know where she is now?"

"N-no," she replied. I knew he was lying, as my eyes of truth could detect lies easily in normal people. I figured she didn't trust me enough to tell me the truth, so I left her alone.

"Never mind... This place we are in is an orphanage under the direction of my foster father. Make yourself comfortable, I'll assign you a room." There are enough rooms here, but I knew I might be anxious alone, so I thought of Eirlys, who shared a room with Misha. The rooms were big enough for six people, but everyone awakened had the privilege of a single, although the two of them preferred to live together.

I took the girl to the room and instructed Eirlys to take care of her since she would be our new arrival. Eirlys nodded and when she saw the little girl, she murmured "cute" and quickly wrapped her arms around her, squeezing her.

 The little fox girl was running out of air so I had to save her, and scold Eirlys, telling her not to treat her like a stuffed animal unless she consented, I had forgotten, but Eirlys seems to like cute things. Misha, being as sociable as ever, managed to get out the girl's name: Miyuki. An uncommon name in this part of the continent, which reinforced my beliefs about her origins.

The next morning, having accomplished my short-term goals, I reflected on my next goal: to enter the academy. Not because I needed to learn anything specific, but because in the years I enrolled, many events occurred that gave rise to major events in the fall of humanity. I needed to get into the academy to stop them from doing whatever they wanted, but that was a few years away and I had nothing to do at the moment.

Lili noticed that I was lost in my thoughts about what to do.

[So you don't plan on becoming a hero in this life, do you?"] she said carefully, as if testing the waters.

"obviously I never wanted to be in that position and there is no reason why I would do it voluntarily it's an empty position that would only cause trouble why?" I didn't know why Lili was asking such an obvious question knowing me she must know, but knowing she wants to tell me something I continue to listen to her.

[In our past life, when I first met you, you had many rules and principles that you followed as a hero. I know you long ago stopped following them and according to what you said, you even regret doing so,] Lili continued.

"Get to the point," I replied I knew when she rambled on like that it's because I'm not going to like her proposal.

[I mean we don't have to worry about methods anymore. We can join that organization. If you can't fight them, join them].

"Lili, explain yourself properly I don't want to believe that you want to join those crazy people who enjoy killing and slaughtering."

[ I was wrong in saying so let me clarify What I am trying to say is that to know what they are planning and about their movements that we have no knowledge of, it is better to join them. You know well that there are times when even those crazy people did things that would be considered good. It's not a totally united organization; there are some leaders who want things different from the main objective and they just follow it because it doesn't interfere with them].

When Lili started to explain, her idea seemed more solid and made more sense. In short, I would join them, subordinate myself and while feigning loyalty, gather information to interfere with them. The plan seemed silly and simple at first glance, but it was so simple that, if all the conditions were met it could be executed to perfection.

Although it would not be as easy as it sounds so I had to make several arrangements since the idea was good and I could start right away, I guess I am still trapped in the frames and standards of my previous life because the idea never crossed my mind.

With that in mind, I went to where Bax lived to commission him for his first job. Once I left the assignment, I went back to check on Miyuki she was inside the room and I could hear laughter and noise from inside I guess it's a good time, even so, I knocked on the door I asked Eirlys and Misha to leave us alone, now she seemed calmer and didn't show the fear from last night so it was easy to talk to her.

After a long talk, I promised her that I would help her reunite with her family if she worked for me until she paid what she was worth, At first I just wanted to get information and find this person, but she was further away than I thought and I had no room to maneuver.

Besides, I wasn't going to ask her for anything in return for buying her and returning her as I thought it was beneficial for her to have a good impression of me, but for some reason she was very insistent on paying me so we came to that compromise, also Miyuki said she wanted to be strong like her older sisters. Misha and Eirlys seemed to have introduced ideas into her head during the night.

I also found out that she was eight, although she looks like 5 to 6 years old, only two years younger than us. She had been kidnapped for half a year and was not living in the best conditions. But I knew that with good meals and an induced awakening, I could improve her condition.

I had already done all I could and now that I had planted the seeds of my future plans I just had to wait for it to grow into a strong and sturdy tree, all that was left was to wait.

"Just wait, you bastards! I will destroy you and finish each and every one of you. You'll be sorry you played with humanity. I will bring you down from your golden thrones and destroy everything you hold dear, just as you did to me.".

I reimplanted my resolve and never forget what my goal is, this is only the beginning.