Chapter 61: Death (2)

ut hey, the stronger the better, and Death doesn't sound like a weak feature.

Honestly, it's imposing, what can you get away with? The name itself is no joke, but, even though it has that name, I've found that even if the trait has matching names, it depends on the user and their understanding or enlightenment I believe when they awakened it.

For example, there is regeneration, which is a trait that now me and Eirlys share. They may be named the same and even have the same base functions, but my regeneration, though I don't like to admit it, is weaker than hers.

Although it is innate, like the other types with this trait, she can regenerate as long as she has mana in her body, even if her heart is pierced. I even know that the strongest user can regenerate from a small remaining flame formed from his mana, even if he has no body.

On the other hand, my regeneration, although it is from the light element, which makes it different to begin with, I don't think I can regenerate to that degree. Even at the apex of my previous life, though if I'm cut in half, I think I can recover with enough mana that would be the most I can do.

That's how different traits are depending on people. There are people who spent years perfecting it until they reach that level and their descendants who inherited it perfect it even more.

Someone like me, who is only first generation, doesn't have that much accumulation to make it that strong. But the difference I can narrow it down, since when I first awakened regeneration, I could only regenerate wounds faster by boosting spells.

Not unlike healing, but over the years I learned to regenerate my mana and even lost limbs without the aid of spells. And I can still improve it to reach the level that maybe with a small piece of my light mana I can survive.

After thinking about how to get the best out of all the awakened traits, Lili finished choosing her work.

"Now yes, Lili, tell me what happened for you to awaken that. Also, explain to me how it works."

Lili let out a sigh shaking her head before replying:

[haaa How impatient... I don't know.]

"Lili, stop playing games. This is serious."

"If I tell you I don't know, it's that I don't know... it just happened."

"..." I looked at her, hoping for more.

[You see, I was going to awaken the demonic trait, but during the awakening, that trait came to mind and somehow I got it.]

"You know that's not enough to awaken a trait, let alone something called Death)."

[...Think about it, what are the external factors, beyond comprehension, that can awaken a trait?]

"Hmmm..." I pondered. There were many ways to awaken a trait. The first and most obvious was to know a lot about it, such as having a lot of spells and sealing skills that would allow you to figure out for yourself what sealing is and awaken it as a trait.

It could also be awakened if you had a magical item or weapon with a spell or trait directly imprinted on it and studied or used it enough. Also, experiencing something related to the trait, such as casting spells or healing and regeneration abilities after hurting yourself badly, could be another way. In the end, it was all about understanding and how good you were at understanding the concept until you awakened the trait. Death, uh...

"Oh... it's because we experience dying."

[Well, that might be one of the factors, but remember which one I'm good at.]