Chapter 77: Shadows

After the battle was over, I looked around and everything seemed in order. Only about three thousand soldiers and mercenaries had been lost, which was six percent of the army's 50 thousand.

Also, after doing a reconnaissance, I had not found a place as good as this to wage guerrilla warfare, so there should not be heavy losses until we reached the main fortress.

Due to the chaos of the battle and the fact that everyone was busy with their own opponents, no one noticed that I had fought with the demons. So, when everything was over and in order, we rested for the rest of the day to continue tomorrow morning.

That night, I was in my tent sitting on my bed, a purchase I made at the store. It might seem like a waste of points (SP), but I have so many that it doesn't affect me to buy little things like this.

I was waiting for Lili, whom I had telepathically asked to come to where I am. After a few minutes, the shadows moved and she materialized in her cat form.

[What, can't you see I'm busy with the job you gave me to do] she said, grumpily.

"Hey Lili, look, I know this will make you happy," I said as I took out the corpses of the three demons and the five-star ogres I asked Hayato for as a reward for the mission.

[...]

"With this we can start producing them, right? We already have all the traits, so it's time to start creating our army."

[... Oh, it's about time] As I thought, the moment I said we were going to do it, he was happy. 'I wonder if he has any taste for undead something like that?'

[Hey, what are you thinking?]

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how many you can handle right now."

[...]

[Hmm... Well, now that my rank regressed to three stars, I can handle five five-stars] listening to her I agreed with her conclusion, now that I have seven five-star corpses, there will be two left over, but since storage will keep them fresh, I can save them for later. With that, Lili and I began.

I put the first corpse in the center of the tent, Lili began to chant.

[Shadow Stealing]

A spell that could hold the shadows of opponents temporarily, causing for some reason the opponent to become slower. But when combined with Lili's absorption trait and physiology, it could literally take her over and make her part of his body.

At the time, I was also chanting a spell, and when Lili finished absorbing, I cast a healing spell imbued with regeneration and holy to cleanse any impurities or traces from the body.

"Redeeming Light."

Regeneration to the demon's damaged body obviously wouldn't bring it back to life, but it restored the body to the point where it looks like it was just asleep.

[Parasitic Shadow]

Lili cast another spell imbued with the assimilation trait, but I also noticed that it had done something we had never done before and was also imbued with the death trait, which we are still not used to using. Lili formed a black sphere and fired it at the demon's chest.

I ignored this small change and at that moment, I was wielding the dark attribute and with the help of fusion, I took the sealed trait now belonging to lightning and fused it with the dark element while chanting a dark spell imbued with this trait.

"Dark seal."

It couldn't be seen with the naked eye, but with my ability I could see how everything was building up inside the demon. The seal was holding the ball of shadow that Lili had cast and retaining it long enough for what was to come.

At that moment, I approached the demon and put my hand on its chest and used fusion, trying to combine the dark ball with the demon's core that still remained in its chest, but failed. I don't know if it's because the skill is low rank or because Lili put a new trait on it, but I tried again.

On the third attempt, I could see the core and the sphere fuse together. At that point, it looked like a violent reaction was going to happen, but with the dark sealing spell still active, it suppressed it long enough.

The spell alone would not have been able to, but the impregnated trait maximized the sealing feature, making it more adaptable. When the seal seemed to be reaching its limit, I gave the control to maintain the seal to Lili while I chanted a non-elemental spell.

"Link."
. It was a slightly more advanced spell than telepathy and was only three stars, but it was imbued with the will trait, Thanks to the fusion skill. I made a connection between Lili and the corpse.

Obviously, since he was dead, he had no consciousness, but the connection was the important thing. Together with the will trait, Lili had the opportunity to imprint her will on the corpse, causing the violent reaction to stop. At that moment, I quickly took my dagger and inscribed runes on the demon's chest.

"Lili, now" Lili, who was holding the demon's core seal, directed the energy to the runes activating them. At that moment, the runes began to draw mana from the air and darkened and As spreading, the darkness began to consume the demon's body, slowly turning it completely dark.

"This concludes it."

[Ha, it's harder now with our current rank to just create one.] At that moment, the demon, which was now completely black like a three-dimensional shadow, stood up.

"Hey Lili, how's the control?"

[Everything is normal, I don't notice anything different from how it always is.] While saying that, I could see how the demon started to make strange poses. Then it started to merge with the shadows, disappearing and then reappearing.

"Well, we had to use the inferior version of some spells, but it still worked.... I think we can do the other four right away." Seeing that it worked he was taking the next corpse to start the process again.

[Ah... ha-gt]

"Did you say something?" while I was preparing, I heard a voice, thinking it was Lili I asked, but when I looked at her, she was looking towards the shadow.

[Ah... hk-mo] At that moment I noticed that it was the shadow who was making strange noises.

"..."

I can't believe my eyes. Lili and I have been making these kinds of shadows for years in our previous life and they have never made a sound. I always assumed they couldn't, but now it's happening in front of me.

Hmm, if I had to say something different than before, it's that Lili stuck the death trait in during creation. It's a new trait for us and we don't know the extent of it. In fact, I was going to complain to Lili for putting it in without knowing the result.

[What is this?]

"That one I should ask, why did you put the death trait on the spells?"

[Well, we were doing an undead, and I thought it would make them stronger.]

"Yeah, well, now we have a shadow that makes noises."

As usual, Lili and I argued, but after a while and watching the shadow, besides the noises it makes from time to time, we didn't notice anything different.

We'll have to use it in combat to see its limits, but for now it's a good addition. So we did the other four. This time without the death trait and, as I thought, they didn't mumble anything. So it only remains to experience the differences later.