Chapter 60: Death

[[USER, ONE OF THE GAIA SYSTEM FUNCTIONS HAS BEEN ACTIVATED, BUT DUE TO SOME RULES, LIMITATIONS HAVE BEEN SET.]]]

"Function, what function is this, can I choose two jobs, and what is the seed of darkness?"

[[FIRST OF ALL, USER, BECAUSE OF YOUR LOW LEVEL OF AUTHORITY, I CANNOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. HOWEVER, YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM THESE NEARLY ONE HUNDRED JOBS TWO OF YOUR CHOICE, BUT THE SECOND ONE WILL BE LINKED TO THE EXISTENCE YOU REFER TO AS 'LILI']]

"But lili doesn't have a status window, does it?"

[If my stats are tied to Lux, it's not the same thing for him to get an extra job as for me to get one. What's the difference].

Lili, who had been listening to my conversation with Gaia, stepped in and gave her opinion, which makes me more confused. what does Gaia mean?

[I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONFUSION, USER, BUT THAT IS SOMETHING THAT THE GAIA SYSTEM HAS FIXED. PLEASE, SECOND USER, VISUALIZE YOUR STATUS WINDOW]]

[I told you I don't have this window...!!!!?!!!!!]

"Hey, Lili, what happened?"

[I got it!]

"¿?"

[ I have a status window!]

"... Is that even possible? I thought it was something only humans and semi-humans had the ability to acquire?"

[[I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONFUSION, USER, AND WHILE I CAN'T GO INTO DETAIL, I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE GAIA SYSTEM.]]

"So the gaia system can intervene with the status window, huh."

[ hey, Lux, don't you think it's too late to think that? The Gaia system has always been in the state window to begin with]]

"...You're right, but now that it's making such a big intervention, I just realized that it's very likely that Gaia and whatever this state window is are linked more deeply than we thought."

[...]

"Well, I know I stopped thinking deeply about what this system entailed, and the origin of the status windows was never known, but do you know what it means that you also have status window now, that you have a job of your own will bring us more strength, since your way of fighting is different from mine, and there are some jobs that I could see that align with that."

[Yes, yes, well, let's pick jobs fast, I want to see how good they are.]

So, Lili and I started reading the descriptions of each job and their functions. To summarize, the jobs have several advantages depending on how you choose them.

The most well known is that when you rank up, depending on the job, you are allotted ten percent extra stats to the stats that align with the job.

A mage gets stats in intelligence, a guardian gets stats in defense, and if it's an assault guardian, you get the same amount in agility and strength. That's why the more complicated the name and the more words it has, the bigger the improvements are.

If it's a class like (Rune Rock Guardian), a more advanced job, it makes when you have an upgrade it adds ten percent of the total stats in vitality, defense, intelligence and even improves the strength of ground spells. That's one of the perks of jobs, not to mention that if you get rare jobs, they may come with abilities that help develop traits.

This runic rock guardian for example also has the ability to make users able to awaken the trait hardness which makes their spells have the characteristic of being much harder and tougher, and even more powerful traits like protection which has more range of application than hardness.