Chapter 39: Art of the Sun God

Once he regained his composure, he raised his axe and walked towards me. In my hands I held the double daggers he had used to kill almost his entire village. I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins as I watched the kobold's every move, waiting for his attack.

He came straight at me and made a downward slash with one hand. He was fast and I could barely dodge it, even with all my power-ups. The gleam in his eyes showed his killer instinct, he was a beast determined to finish me off.

It was the reinforcement and armor spell that allowed me to move at that speed. I took the opportunity to attack his side; my daggers sank into his flesh, but barely did any damage. The kobold's skin was tough as the thickest leather.

The kobold reacted with a roar and tried to hit me with the hand not holding the axe. I dodged it, dropped the daggers and a spear appeared in my hands with a flash. I took advantage of the length and the surprise attack to stab him in the eye, but instead of screaming in pain, he let out a grunt and shook his head in fury. I felt a shiver run down my spine; this beast was not going to be easy to defeat.

I again caught my distance and without waiting for anything I prepared myself.

The art of celestial punishment: first stance - withering impact.

I immediately took aim at his healthy eye, but he didn't allow it and turned his head back, narrowly dodging. At that moment, cold sweat was running down my forehead; I could not afford to miss again.

He used his axe to counterattack. The sound of metal cutting through the air was deafening. Taking advantage of the size difference, I slipped between his legs. I took the opportunity to use withering impact on his back again, more specifically on his butt.

The kobold let out a horrible scream of pain, but I did not flinch, throughout all the battle experiences I had accumulated there was something I learned the hard way, in life and death battle there are no rules or honor, you have to use all available resources including dirty tricks.

He immediately turned around and hit me again with the axe. I could feel the air cut by the blade, and every hit I dodged cut my skin with just the movement of the air, but I couldn't hit him directly, my mind and reflexes were maximized with spells and the acceleration trait and my body with the lightning armor. However, it left me no margin to attack him.

But I made a mistake I concentrated too much on his axe that a kick hit me. The strength of this monster was no joke. I could barely block it with my spear and my limbs didn't break thanks to my lightning armor, but the blow was so strong that it sent me flying out of control. The sensation of being thrown through the air was like falling into a storm I had no control of my body.

"Lili," I shouted, and a veil of darkness formed behind me and absorbed all the impact I carried with me. I felt a momentary relief. I took advantage of the same veil and used it as a platform. The lightning boots on my feet roared like thunder, and with surprising speed I was back in front of the kobold and took advantage of its bewilderment. I held the spear so tightly that the veins were marked on my young body, and with the spear from below I made an upward attack.

"Art of the Sun God: second stance: Bright Dawn."

Immediately, the tip of the spear was enveloped in blinding light and a thunderous roar sounded. The light enveloped the place, it was so blinding that it would melt the eyes of normal people. When everything became visible again, in the same position I could see the result.

The 5-star kobold was cut in half, its two parts were fallen to the sides and a crack could be seen in the ground beyond the body. My breathing was labored, the effort of fusing multiple elements into a single attack had been enormous.

"Ha-ha-ha," I laughed between gasps at the potency of the results. It would seem like a simple strike, but that strike of the Art of the Sun God carried within it mana of lightning and light, as well as the holy trait, will, conductive, acceleration, and punishment. Because lightning and light were non-conflict elements being able to fuse these elements is easier.

First I fused sacred with will, which are compatible, and then I fused acceleration, conductive and punishment. Finally, I fused light and lightning to use it in the attack. All that happened in a second.

The stress on my head from multitasking was a lot for this body, but I pulled it off and this is the result: an instant kill of a 5-star monster. Since there were no conflicting characteristics or traits, I was able to pull it off easily. It also helped that my stats improved and I moved up in rank.

The mana expenditure wasn't much besides keeping the booster spells and the use of a 5-star booster spell and activating the art. But my body hurts, so I stimulated my body with the healing trait and in a few minutes I'm in my best condition, including the mana I recovered by drinking a potion.

"I'm done with one, the other one is missing, but I can't kill him, I need to get information out of him," I muttered, and Lili, who appeared on my shoulder again, said:

[...You can barely fight one, remember that guy has some minions surrounding him and I don't think you can teleport him like you just did].

Lili was right. The reason I isolated this kobold was because he didn't specialize in magic and it was easier to force teleport, plus the fact that I took them by surprise, but that won't work again not to mention that the other one is a wizard kobold. But I teleported back to where I was before anyway, and my eyes widened in surprise.

I could see the kobold surrounded by a circle with many runes and all the other dead kobolds on the ground. The stench of blood and metal filled the cave. I was reciting something as I stood in front of the crevice.

I immediately realized that I must not let him finish and ignored the fact that I wanted to get information out of him and threw one of the daggers I had picked up again. The dagger flew at a very fast speed, but was stopped by a stone shield.

I panicked a little and accelerated towards the kobold wizard with the remaining dagger in my hand I didn't hesitate I felt that if I let him do what he wanted I would regret it.

"Art of the Sun God: first stance:-Sun Slash."

With a horizontal slash I directed a cut with the same intensity with which I killed the other kobold. It seemed prepared, as there were several barriers to block me and buy me time, but it wasn't enough. My dagger went through all the barriers and I cut his neck.

The head of the stunned kobold who didn't think I would break through his barriers so fast flew through the air with a look of disbelief on his face, but that didn't matter. I turned my attention to the magic circle and noticed that the spell didn't complete. "Whew," I let out a big sigh.

I didn't know what the wizard kobold was doing, but whatever it was it wasn't good news. Sacrificing the other kobolds was enough to alarm me. Any runes that work by sacrificing lives are demonic runes and are forbidden spells that drain the summoner's life as well, but the results are catastrophic.

Luckily the wizard kobold was concentrating on reciting the spell and I could kill him easily, saving me a difficult fight that would be many times more complicated than the previous one, I was even planning to involve Lili more actively to suppress him and get information out of him, but all that was in vain since the wizard kobold had other plans and I had no choice but to kill him.

But now that I have eliminated all the kobolds, the only thing left is how to seal this rift. I don't have any sealing equipment that is required for such cases.

I was about to look in the store to see if there was something similar, but suddenly Gaia's voice that had been silent all this time rang out. It seems that after explaining everything to me at first she didn't have much to say, but she pops up every time she has something to contribute.

[[USER, I RECOMMEND YOU TO SAVE THIS CRACK]].

At this point, Gaia said something that I failed to understand, even with all the experience I have, but knowing that she wouldn't say anything useless, I ask her:

"Keep it? Don't you mean seal it...what do you mean?"

I questioned Gaia at the strangeness of her words.