Chapter 51: Guild mission

"My son! Who could have done this?" in front of me, a middle-aged man held the severed head and body of what was his son. The man had tears in his old eyes and deep anger.

"No one is getting out of here until we find out the culprit." I, along with some children, watched the events taking place at what was supposed to be a celebratory party. Without warning, tragedy struck. I looked around and could see many people panicking, fearful of what was about to happen.

The children with me, who were having fun at the buffet a few seconds ago, stared in disbelief at the scene where many people were arguing and blaming each other. It was a horrible scene that brought out the darkest side of every person. I never expected something like this to happen. As for how we came to this, it happened a few days ago....

..

.

I was in a big wooden room, surrounded by the guys in our group. I looked out the window and saw the sky covered with thick clouds. Below, I could see different ecosystems, from forests to deserts. This trip had taken two days and we were about to reach our destination. In the distance, I saw a large city. It was not as big as the capital, but bigger than the average city, with high walls indicating its security and capacity.

We slowly approached it and began to descend. We all left the room. Behind me were ten children. Among them were Eirlys, Clayton, Misha, Tom, who had awakened the innate razgo of filo, as well as Chris and Miyuki, plus other prominent children from our group. As we left, you could see that we were on a flying boat, the usual mode of transportation for long trips in this world. It was expensive, but it wasn't a problem for me.

When we got off, the first thing I did was find lodging and then headed with the guys to the local Guild Association. The building was tall, probably one of the tallest in town. Arriving at the reception desk, we attracted attention because we were a group of kids, except for me, who had disguised myself as my more adult self to avoid trouble.

The receptionist looked at me curiously, but not so much as to make me uncomfortable. Once in front of her, I showed her my watch, which displayed a mission. Upon seeing the request, the receptionist looked at me again, but this time with concern as she alternated her gaze between me and the children:

"Th-these are the members of your group for the mission?"

"Yes," I replied simply. I had reason to doubt. Ten-year-olds becoming adventurers is common, because it's their only way to survive and earn money, or because they are the children of people with enough money or influence to hire stronger adventurers and take them for them and move up the ranks easily, but none take missions like this.

This mission called for adventurers with more than two stars for city protection. The reason he looked at us funny is because he didn't expect all these kids to be two-stars. It was unusual, but not enough to draw much attention. Once I confirmed it to him and the kids showed their stars, as well as their identification, he continued with the paperwork.

I and the children were part of a group of adventurers who, in turn, belonged to the guild that, with Christian's help, I founded. Obviously, everything was in his name, but when he was old enough, it would pass into my name and that guild is under the administration of the guild association which is a power that encompasses all nations.

Our mission was an emergency mission that had come to the capital's headquarters: a soothsayer in the city predicted a great invasion that would hit the city.

This could be due to three reasons: a strong beast leading an attack and subordinating the rest of the beasts around to attack, a poorly managed dungeon that suffered a breach, or a dimensional rift that also had a breach.

Fortunately, according to the prophet, it was the first case, which is the most common and they have measures in place for these cases. Hiring adventurers from different guilds is just one of them.

"These are the papers and the place where you will be positioned and receive orders," said the receptionist. When we finished, we headed straight to our lodging. As I walked, I thought about the main reason I was here.

My real objective was to enter a labyrinth that would appear nearby. Remembering events of this time is difficult, but somehow I remembered this labyrinth to be conquered in a year from now, something that would be totally out of my knowledge if not for the peculiarity of it.

There were only eight of them, and what made them unique was that inside were the primordial stones. The reason I remember this dungeon is that it was the first one to be conquered and to obtain the first primordial stone, which had the same function as Lili: to grant the user an element different from the ones he had.

Unfortunately, as far as I remember, the primordial stone found here is the lightning one. Being the element I have, it doesn't work for me at all, but it better fall into my hands. Besides, that's only one of the things that can be obtained in these mazes.

Since mana appeared in this world, they are the mazes that have given the most rewards. Generally, the labyrinths are called tests of the gods. In them you can find things related to the gods and even conquer them can make you an apostle, depending on the labyrinth.

But these eight labyrinths are unique, as they could never find out which god they were related to. Still, the rewards and what you can get from them led this world to much chaos for conquering them.

'I must take advantage of the fact that they are not known and conquered'. I only know the whereabouts and time of appearance of five, the other three remained hidden and I could never find out where and when they appear I only knew because the conquerors made it known afterwards but did not go into detail.

"boss, why do we have to come to a place so far away to fight beasts when we can do it in the Forest of Destiny?" hearing Clayton's question, who didn't listen when I was explaining before we got on the boat, well, I can't say that seeing a huge boat floating isn't exciting, but that it took until now to ask me is more surprising.

"Well, I thought it was a good time to get out and get to know the expanse of this world a bit. It's a good experience." Of course, that wasn't all. That was only one of the reasons. The children didn't need to know the rest yet.

According to the fortune teller, the invasion was starting in a week and during this week, we were urged to hunt around to minimize damage. Obviously, you were rewarded for this. Until then, we didn't have much to do but hunt. So I told the kids:

"The mission starts in a week. For the next two days, you can do whatever you want. On the third day, we'll start hunting around the area."

There was no special reason to rest, but once in a while it's okay to rest. This was a good time, we had come to a new place, no better opportunity than this .