Chapter 75: Intense battle

Before they could react, I managed to cut one of the demons easily and wound the second one badly. Unfortunately, the last one noticed me and dodged the attack. Even so, I had already disposed of one and incapacitated another.

Immediately, the remaining demon began to surround itself with black-tinged wind. I could see that it was summoning multiple wind-based defensive spells as well as empowerment spells.

Now the real battle began. I was able to easily eliminate one and severely wound another because they were off guard and did not have very powerful defenses, relying on their concealment magic and completely ignoring a three star like me.

Their defenses were easily pierced by the daggers, which, although the art was of the dark element, was fused with holy, punish and break, piercing through their common defenses like paper.

With my reduced rank the fight will be challenging The good thing is that I still retain traits, an advantage of those with reduced rank in mazes.

Also, my dagger, which was a unique weapon, still has its initial arcane elemental stellar rank (four stars) with four skills. It is the best weapon I can get at the moment, with that I was confident enough to fight the demon.

It had a humanoid appearance, but with purple skin and darker green spots, darker green horns, and a tail and feet that resembled that of an animal I couldn't discern. But that didn't matter. At that moment when I was analyzing it, several wind blades came toward me.

I quickly dodged them by activating the acceleration trait. My body moved between the wind blades as I threw lightning spears myself, breaking through the demon's defenses.

However, he seemed prepared, as he had several layers of protection. But Realizing that he was spending too much energy replacing the barriers, he began to dodge. We both moved and cast spells to attack the other, notice that, although he dodged he made sure to deflect any attacks on the wounded demon, who seemed to have taken distance to heal.

Art of the Eternal Night, Third Stance: Silent Casting

In the midst of our exchanges I took advantage of a moment of space and made a ranged attack, specializing in being sneaky. I threw one of my daggers flew unnoticed through the air, but the demon either instinct or its senses seemed to notice it at the last moment and the dagger flying at great speed was narrowly dodged moving its head and saving it from being pierced.

Angered by the close call, he turned his angry gaze back to me, but I was gone. I was behind him, brandishing my daggers. However, my target was not him, but the demon that had been injured earlier. He could not react,

Art of the Sun God, First Stance: Radiant Slash.

Even the lines of defense I had assembled could not stop my attack, which was charged with two elements and six traits. When I finished the slash it rolled its head. Immediately, I teleported away,

"pack"

the place where I stood was flooded with blackish green spears that pierced the ground.

As I took a distance, the demon looked at me cautiously, maybe it thought my sneak attack earlier was luck, but now it looks at me seriously, a three star would have managed to kill two of its five star ranked comrades.

"Human, what are you, how come you have so many traits being only a mere three star?"

I didn't answer him I didn't feel like talking to a demon from a fictional scenario and continued to launch a flurry of attributed lightning spears with conductive, acceleration and punishment. The demon dodged them as it chanted, and I watched as the wind around it began to have purple hues, indicating the presence of a second feature.

At that moment, it seemed to stop holding back and the number of spears began to increase. Not only that, but he seemed to be chanting a more powerful spell.

As he dodged, I threw one of my daggers at him to interrupt him, but it didn't work. He caught it in his hand, and with intentions of destroying it, but immediately the dagger disappeared and appeared again in my hand.

That was the second ability of the dagger: it allows me to go where the daggers are, or vice versa, the daggers return to me at the moment I want. Still, the demon did not stop its chant, the spell was completed and I noticed that I began to be surrounded by blackish purple winds that started shooting blades of wind from all directions is as if I was in the center of a tornado, while cachichas of winds flew towards me randomly.

I hadn't been idle either and had also chanted a spell. I was covered in Tempest Armor. Even though I had been giving it a fight, it didn't change the fact that my stats were inferior to the demon. I had only been able to hold my own because I was dodging all of his attacks.

I couldn't rely on defensive spells, as the range difference would cause them to break instantly, so I chanted the five-star enhancement spell while dodging all the wind blades coming at me from all directions, relying on my acceleration and teleport when cornered.

I didn't want to spend too much mana and only used it if necessary. The demon, seeing that the distance spells were not working, began to circulate the blackish purple mana around him and began to gain more muscle and take on a larger and more grotesque appearance.

I had no room to maneuver to stop whatever it was doing, so without me noticing, the moment it saw an opportunity, it lunged towards me attacking me melee with its claws.

He waited for the perfect moment and attempted an accurate strike. I was only able to block his attack by reflex, putting me in a difficult situation. Because of this, I could not teleport. That was one of the disadvantages of the skill: if I was in contact with someone who resisted teleportation, I couldn't teleport.

At that moment, the wind blades I was going to dodge were coming towards my back, so I conjured the defensive spell as fast as I could. It was just an upper elemental (three star) darkness spell.

"clack"

"clack"

It formed instantly. I made sure I had the absorption trait, but I had no wiggle room for anything else and the attacks were dwindling, but they finally reached me and slashed my back, causing severe damage.

"huug....".