Chapter 36: Wrath of Heaven

Seeing all the kobolds gathered, I had an idea.

I put away my daggers and pulled out a staff of the same rank (4 stars) .

"...Humm, this might be the chance to try that out."

I decided to discard all my body strengthening spells and leave only the mind strengthening ones with the will characteristic . And I started reciting a long spell, while still hidden with Lili's help.

"In the dark of night, when the stars are hidden,

The sky resounds with the echo of an ancestral power.

The storm rages, the lightning dances in the firmament,

Announcing the coming of heaven's wrath."

At that moment, I felt a great deal of runes and information in my head, but I continued reciting.

"The thunder rumbles, the earth trembles under its fury,

And the lightning illuminates the horizon with its bright light.

The wind moans, the trees bow before its passing,

While heavenly power descends with a roar."

Clouds were forming in the sky above the 500 kobolds. They were panicking.

My head hurt, but I was able to maintain focus thanks to the will-powered mental reinforcement spells.

[Hey, why is the chant so long? What are you reciting? !!!hey stop it you're crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Lili seemed to be panicking because she started to understand what I'm throwing.

"In the midst of the storm, nature prostrates herself,

Acknowledging the magnificence and power of heaven.

May the wrath of heaven purify and renew this world,

And may its strength remind us of our humble existence."

"WRATH OF HEAVEN!"

BOOOOOM!

At that moment, I felt a shockwave coming in front of me and a blinding light flooded my sight. Although I was at a safe distance, the wave dragged me backwards and I rolled on the ground without resistance, I felt dirt getting in my mouth, making me regret a little that I didn't take more distance, I kept flying until I hit something and stopped.

After a while, everything was quiet. Not a sound could be heard next to me. Lili seemed to be talking to me, but at that moment I realized I was deaf, so I asked her to speak directly into my head.

['Are you crazy!!! Why are you using a higher level (6 star) arcane elemental spell being only a two star?']

At this moment, all my mana is drained and one could say that it was a crazy thing I would never do if she wasn't around. My body was weak and I couldn't do anything but drink the mana potion.while listening to Lili's scolding. .

'[Where did you get enough mana to recite such a spell to begin with!']

I looked at my hand that was closed all this time and opened it. Inside, I could see ashes of something that was previously kobold cores.

Beast and monster cores just like mana stones and the like were sources of energy. Their most common use was to hold runes with different functions, serving for things like maintaining a barrier or powering runes that make vehicles move and more.

Basically, you could say that each one is a battery, but cannot be used directly by human bodies, as the energies contained are rarely compatible with humans.

But something I discovered in my last battle in my past life, when the situation was against me, I swallowed a core of a very high level monster during the battle as a desperate measure.

I believed that my will trait, which has too much range of use, would somehow do something. I had the belief and the will that it would happen, it was a gamble and at that time I didn't value my life too much so I accepted the risks, and it worked of course it has problems like the fact that it left my body in a very bad state after using it many times, but it was worth it.

The mana of the cores was what helped me to be the only survivor of that battle whose number played against them since I was not afraid of a prolonged fight. Now I was testing it to see if it worked and it did.

Although the aftershocks are greater now that I don't have the trait that helps the process go smoother it makes me remember how important my former life traits are in my fighting style something I honed over many years and now it is incomplete, but the fact that it works is a new trump card in my repertoire. When I explained all this to Lili, she looked at me like I was crazy.

['I've always believed that your will is one of the most outstanding qualities, to the point of awakening a characteristic, but, there are times when I wonder if you're just crazy.']

I'm not going to retort to Lili at all, because I myself sometimes wonder the same thing. If it weren't for this feature that prevents it, I think that would be the case.

'Hum, in any case it works and that's the important thing. On the other hand, Lili, be sure to keep me hidden until I recover.'

['...You want to change the subject, but I still have a lot of things to say.']

It seems he still doesn't want to stop nagging me about the crazy things I've been doing from time to time. He's in the mood to let it all out, and I couldn't stay silent in the face of this one-sided judgment. So we started arguing for a while until I was able to recover to the point where I could hear her.

"Okay, next time I do something like that I'll tell you, Mom."

[Who's your mom! Seriously, it seems like your mental age is back to that of a child again!]

"Well, this is what happens when you have such a young body, and you're no different, you act like a child too."

[Shut up! Unlike you, I have many years of existence so I didn't go back to being a child].

Lili and I have changed since we started this new life; as much as we have memories of many years, I have realized that I tend to act childish involuntarily. I don't even realize it until Lili highlights it.

Emotions that I once thought I lost now come out so easily that I act differently than myself, maybe it's just a natural thing, I don't know. But whether it's my older self or my self as a child, I didn't act like either, and it's no use thinking about it.

In Lili's case, since she's not human, I think it has to do with her splitting a part of herself to find me, which made her act that way, which is kind of refreshing.

Since I met her in the past, she acted like a cunning demon, which made me distrust her at first, to the point that I called her based on an ancient legend based on a demon of temptation, Lilith, But as they say, actions speak louder than a thousand words, and Lili gained my trust which made me annoyed that I called her that, but she seems to like the name if she kept it.

Tired of the argument, I decide to give up and let her win. When it comes to things like this I've noticed that whether before she came back or now, she is tenacious to the point that I think, if she tries, she might awaken a related trait. I couldn't help but laugh at that thought, but Lili took it as a tease and continued. Luckily, I recovered and was ready to continue.

"Okay, okay, I get it. I was wrong. I'm sorry, but the truth is, I feel like I can do anything when you're by my side."

Luckily, Lili is weak to compliments. So after complimenting her and saying something corny, she calmed down and just snorted, turning back to my shoulder to continue.