Chapter 48: Auction

With great anticipation the auction began, several attendees entered pushing a cart covered with a cloth. As they removed it, they revealed a large magical jewel. Like the magic stones, this jewel was used as a source of energy, but its main use was the creation of weapons and high-ranking items. In particular, this jewel could create weapons of up to 8 arcane stars of low to medium rank (7-8 stars). I didn't need it at this time, so I ignored it.

The auction continued for the next half hour the atmosphere was lively and intoxicating the excitement and adrenaline could be felt in all the people present even those who did not bid just being here was an exciting experience for them, I for my part was more focused to find things that would be worth more than what was bid with my eyes of truth most presented items that did not catch my attention nor were they needed.

Until the object I had come for appeared: an ornamental dagger covered with magic minerals the girl explained its origin and the starting price as a collector's item: 40,000 luminascoin (LC). The bidding started and, when it reached 100,000, I pressed the button on my seat and wrote an amount on the board immediately after the girl said.

"500,000!! LC... 500,000!!! going once... going twice... and going three..... Sold!!!"

As soon as it was mentioned that the bid had quintupled, no one else wanted to continue bidding I don't know if among the bidders was the guy who bought him the dagger in my past life but this time he didn't bid beyond what I bid so now that I had secured one of the items I had come for I continued to watch the rest of the auction. The auction was just beginning and there would be more interesting items. Time passed and the items sold became more valuable. Then they auctioned off a necklace.

"Dear guests, this is a necklace carved with the sacrificial runes, a high level water spell. "The necklace is a top level (6 star) arcane elemental, but it is very valuable because they are lost spells that no one can currently carve."

I became interested in the necklace and began bidding. The initial bid was one million LC and continued to increase until it reached five million. I knew that this item was useful only to those of six stars or less, so it was not such a desirable item for the rich and powerful so the bidding kept steadily increasing in small increments, I fought another bidder for a few minutes until he finally decided it was not worth it and I won the bidding at around 7 million.

There was no intimidation or threats here, this place is backed by very powerful people so it would not be a good idea to break the rules.

The auction continued and there were a few items that caught my attention, but not as much as the necklace. I didn't waste any more money than necessary. I even saw some things I had sold myself, which sold for millions, making my funds grow.

Halfway through the auction, the sale of people began. I was on my toes waiting for them to bring out the person I am looking for.

This auction only sells people with a lot of potential, such as those who have awakened innate traits or during a promotion, semi-humans or people of great beauty. Nobles also usually prefer to look for people with elements such as lightning, ice, metal or plant, as they are said to be more powerful than the basic ones.

The one he planned to buy did not have any awakened traits, as she was not an awakened, but was known to have the ice element. Despite being young, she was pretty and a semi-human, which warranted a high price. If she hadn't found that treasure, she wouldn't even have thought of participating in this bidding. Many people passed by, whether they were adults or children, and I couldn't help but remember that this was my original destination.

As my thoughts drifted, the one I was waiting for appeared. Just as I expected, his minimum price started at 10 million. It was a high price but justified. The bidding began and I stepped into the middle.

No one increased the price drastically and it remained constant. After a while there were only two people left, me and another one, as everything was anonymous we could not tell who was bidding. When we were about to reach 20 million, it stopped and I was able to buy it for 19,500,000 LC.

It was expensive, but if it was related to who I thought would be useful in the future, it was worth it. If not, I would simply integrate it with the other children. Ice is a rare element to awaken for what it's worth, Not being anything out of the ordinary the auction continues. Even someone I recognized passed by, a child with the earth and wind element who became renowned in the future, a dual element holder something highly coveted among the nobles, the bids exceeded 100 million and it sold for 130 million.

I did not buy more people and I dedicated myself to acquiring objects with impressive effects. I even found an extremely rare mineral whose current use is unknown, but I am sure that in the future they will regret selling it so cheaply. It cost me around 5 million though.

Finally, it was time to present the main object of the evening. It makes me wonder what they put up to replace me, All the lights went out and in the center, the girl illuminated by the lights spoke dramatically.

"Dear guests, I will now present the final object of this auction. The person I sold this said he hopes it will find a worthy owner, something that is rare to see at auction an item that is priceless "

He immediately removed the veil and it could be seen that they were simple twin swords with nothing special. But with my eyes of truth, I noticed that they were unique weapons, like the dagger I had just bought. The more discerning among those present also noticed it.

The bidding began, and from the VIP booths the bids began to pour in. It was rare for them to bid with such intensity.

People were animatedly whispering to each other making small bets on the final outcome, the prices even made some squirm at how high it was while others were so stunned that they were even noticeable with their masks on.

The bids reached 200 million and kept rising, the tension in the air increasing as the bids did. They had already exceeded what I currently had, so although tempted to have those guns, they were out of my league. And the real lords of the land were struggling, I should be happy with the one I got a unique weapon for less than one percent of what it was worth.

The bids stopped at 500 million. No one bid more. Even for the great noble houses, this would burn a hole in their pockets and only the ducal houses could buy it at this price without hurting their finances. Thus with an exciting end, the auction ended.

Although I didn't get everything I wanted among the items, I am satisfied with my winnings. I went to exchange LCs with the managers. Of course, I did not use an account with my identity; I made sure to create one that was not traceable before coming here.

In the room, they brought everything I bought and collected the proceeds from the guns I sold. In this exchange, I even made several million, as what I put up for sale were 7-star weapons and items related to ancient nobles and even renowned fighters, so they were much more expensive than everything I bought.

I looked at the little girl I bought and she was trembling pitifully, she feared for her fate something common when you have no control of your life, I had been through that and vowed never to experience it again. When the auction ended, I went to a dark corner activated a 5 star concealment spell and teleported out of the city.

I did this three times in a row, the reason being that as I was leaving the auction I felt someone following me. Not wanting to get in trouble I just ignored them and just kept on transporting until we reached the capital.