02

"You mean... Kevin?"

I almost rolled my eyes at the guessing. In the first place, why must this boy be hesitant? Just how many admins did I have for him to have a guess?

"Is there anyone else that I should refer to?" I slumped down my chair, arms crossed over my chest as I raised a brow at him.

But, then, Haknyeon sighed, mirroring my posture.

"Ivy..." he trailed after saying my name and I sensed something unpleasant from the tone used. "Don't you know that Kevin is no longer the admin?"

"He what?!"

Haknyeon flinched at my yell, taking a step back when I jolted up. He gulped before he explained, "He told me that he was caught up with work so he was worried that he wouldn't be committed to your page..."

"So, he left?! Just like that?!"

"Woah... Ivy, calm down."

Haknyeon raised both of his palms in the air, trying to calm me down. Honestly, I felt like I was too much right now. Maybe overreacting. But, I still hadn't been able to accept the fact that I did not know anything about this.

"He was still there," the boy added. "It's just, he's not as active as before."

He could tell me, I thought as I sat back on the chair, my heart sinking to the deepest level. Why must I hear about this from someone else when Kevin could tell me himself? Why? Did he just hate the idea of talking to me?

"But, he texted me first last night," I vented randomly at the next visit to Evelyn's cafe that evening, two pairs of eyes, sadly and confusedly stared at me. "That could mean something... Right?"

I flicked my gaze from Evelyn who enthusiastically nodded to Faye who just shrugged. The different reactions from them were expected - at least I was. For, it would be the dilemma I had to face in deciding if I'd ever had to talk to both of them.

The angel and the devil, the positivity and negativity, the softie and the sarcastic. What a good combination of my circle.

"Babe... I didn't come all the way here just to hear you wondering about that," Faye said, pointing to my face next. "What did you send to Kevin this morning?"

It sounded like an order. And before I knew it, I had unlocked the phone and showed the text to them. It was nothing special, neither it was too flowery. It was just a simple 'Why did u delete?' with a laughing emoji at the end.

"Hmm... this boy is so confusing," Faye sighed, slowly turning her head towards the cafe's owner next to her. "Can I get a caramel macchiato?"

"Of course!" Evelyn beamed. "Wanna add toppings? I have the newest edition for you to try."

"List it out!"

Right at the moment Evelyn listed out the fifth toppings she had brought into her cafe, a notification popped up which I wasn't really excited to check. It probably wouldn't be Kevin. Either it was Sangyeon looking for me or Haknyeon sending me a recommendation for the lunch menu for tomorrow.

Nonetheless, the lesson I learned was: that sometimes, you have to expect the unexpected.

I froze at the notification appeared. My eyes widely opened and I forgot how to breathe. Ivy, exhale, please.

"Urmm... guys...?" I called, eyes still darted on the screen. Clear whats were heard from the two in front of me and I wondered what their reactions were when they saw me unmoving.

Because the next thing that happened was, the two rushed to my side, peeking over my phone just to read the reply from Kevin.

And I wasn't able to register it yet in my head. His text read: I don't know how to tell you. Can we meet?

He wanted to meet me? To say something directly at my face after he ghosted me for many months?

But, why did that matter? He wanted to see me, so I should just agree. Right?

"I'll keep you guys updated," was the last thing I told them, before I left the cafe and rushed back to Sangyeon's office because Kevin said, he would be waiting there.

I couldn't describe the feelings I had right now. My heartbeats were hammering my chest too hard, both of my hands had started cooling and I might not be able to walk soon if this numbness didn't stop. My head was full of expectations - I didn't make assumptions, I would rather just imagine something good and how I wanted it to unfold.

"He wouldn't prepare flowers for me, would he? Or chocolates? Or-"

My monologue eventually stopped as I spotted his red car at the curb, Kevin Moon had his hands pocketed as he stared at the ground, slightly kicking the small pebbles. He glowed too much under the dim ray of sunlight of late evening which made me think how long had it been since the last time we met. For, he looked so disturbingly attractive!

"Hey..." I greeted first, halting two feet away from him. "Didn't know that you were here."

"I... came back for a while," he explained and once in a while he would look up at the sky, avoiding eye contact with me. "Would you go for a ride with me or something? I promise to return you safely."

He beckoned me to his car and I immediately agreed. They said, you shouldn't have trusted a man though they were your closest friend but, with Kevin, it was a different case. It was always different because I never had a second thought when I was with him. Though the car ride right now was so awkward and loudly silent.

I glanced over at him, and he looked disturbed. The way he anxiously changed lanes when he was needed, and softly screamed as he hit the brake, I knew Kevin Moon was nervous.

"You made me worry," I said as he changed to another lane. "You sounded too serious earlier. What were you meaning to tell me?"

At that, Kevin glanced over at me again before he flicked his signal to the right and hit the brake before the car completely stopped at the curb. He huffed and turned his body wholly facing me, the colour on his face had drained.

"I... I don't even know where I was intended to take you to actually," he blinked furiously. "But, I think here is fine."

I glanced outside just to find the sun slowly going down, the warm colour tainted the sky giving comfort to the nervous onlookers. I didn't know that I was smiling at the picture until Kevin called my name and my facial muscles relaxed.

"Sorry, I was distracted," I apologized, giving him all of my attention. "What is it?"

Kevin once again huffed, both of his fists clenched tight on his lap. At one point he looked like he was doing yoga which was too random if it was true. But, again, Kevin and randomness would always be best friends.

"Okay... I just wanted to have a confirmation," he started. "My proposal to you the other day, was it still under consideration? Because this will be the last time I'm asking you out again, Ivy. If your answer is no, I'm going to forget this feeling for real which I hope will never happen. So, date me, Ivy."

I blinked, a hand on my chest. This is too random? I thought as I tried to breathe in.

"Wait a minute, I'm too shocked right now," I shut my eyes for a few seconds before I opened it back and looked at him straight in the eyes. The realization then struck me hard that I was losing my sanity.

Kevin Moon is confessing at the perfect time!

"I'd be the craziest girl alive if I had ever rejected you," a silly grin appeared on my face, and tears started brimming under my eyelids.

God...

This had been my prayer for a while, this was what I asked from God to have it miraculously fulfilled. I'd been asking for Kevin Moon to be mine for real.

And he is.

"Why must you disappear? I was ready to tell you that I want you," I casually explained while blinking out tears. "I thought you gave up."

"I thought you never wanted me. After all, what I did to you was horrible."

"Past is past, Kev..." I stared into his eyes, having an urge to be closer. "The future is what mattered. And I want to have the future with you."