09

I came back to the office the next day because Sangyeon was calling up for an emergency meeting and I did not have any choice other than showing up in my worst appearance.

My eyes were swollen due to a lack of sleep yesterday. Screwed the idea of the 'bestie's gathering' which was proposed by Jacob after seeing me in the lowest state. That could end fast, I could go home maybe at 8 p.m. but whose idea was to bring Chanhee along to the gathering?

I was sorry to say this, but with his presence, we probably wouldn't go home either. That guy had hundreds of stories to tell which mine was the last one, Evelyn reminded with a simple 'What happened to you earlier?'

By the end of the day, they - except Kevin, were aware of my working environment and that I had to work with my ex for God knows how long.

At least, they promised to keep it away from Kevin for the sake of our newly built relationship. Nobody wanted a conflict.

Much to my dismay to be stuck in this meeting room, I still came despite the unwillingness churning inside my stomach. Specifically, when Joochan sat across from me at the rectangular table, our eyes met every so often.

"It's on Saturday, alright?" Sangyeon's voice echoed within the room, he was glaring at me behind the glasses covering his eyes.

What? I mouthed and I expected to get a reply silently but the boss went overboard in this matter by speaking up loudly.

"Under any circumstance, Ivy, don't make up any excuse not to be there at the meet and greet session."

All eyes were on me, and that included Joochan. Good, now I looked like the trouble kid.

"It's 7 days from today. Anything can happen," I sarcastically retaliated which he then hissed. I changed my mind. "Alright, noted."

It was a normal fight we had, it never got serious, and everyone was aware of my love language towards Sangyeon. But, why Joochan was smiling like a fool as he looked at me?

*

"So... you want it to be in bright colour..." Joochan took some notes for my upcoming book as we were left alone in the room after the meeting concluded. No, we weren't alone, Sangyeon would be here too shortly after making his visit to the gents. But, right now, yes, it was only both of us.

"I'm sorry but I think you can discuss it directly with Rosie," I told him, popping my numb neck. "I have a deadline to chase and sitting here will only waste it."

He was scribbling on his iPad as I talked, and his eyes were darting onto the screen when he chose to ignore my opinion and go on with his thoughts. "Weren't you sleeping well last night? You look tired."

"And why does that matter to you, Mr Hong?" I questioned rather sarcastically, slumping against the chair in the process.

Then only Joochan put down the device and looked me straight in the eyes. It almost seemed like he was looking for some evidence to point out, his sharp expression told me so.

"You always had trouble sleeping," he pondered, eyeing me thoroughly.

Staring is rude.

However, despite I said it myself - though internally, I found myself doing the same thing. We were staring into each other's eyes and I tried to stab him with my piercing gaze. I wondered if he was still oblivious to my behaviour. Did he really not realize what had he caused?

Our battle only came to an end when the door creaked open, a buff figure stood at the threshold. Sangyeon seemed to notice the tension, his brow slightly raised as he flickered his gaze at Joochan and then at me. I knew that look very much.