26

"None of your business," I answered, collecting my phone and bag in the process without making eye contact with him. His presence alone made my blood boil.

I ignored his figure like he was an invisible ghost who suddenly appeared in my office as I intended to leave to get to my boyfriend down there. But, Hong Joochan tested my patience by blocking me before I could pass by.

Lazily, I looked up at his face. He no doubt was a good-looking man, otherwise, I wouldn't have thought to date him back then. Nonetheless, after knowing him deeply and experiencing this kind of frustration where he seemed not to understand and provide me with privacy, I strongly believed that a good look wasn't enough if the internal was hideous.

"I questioned you just a simple thing, Ivy. Is he your boyfriend now?" His face was stoic like he was controlled by hatred to talk to me. But, if he hated to interact with me, then why bother?

"Why does it matter?" Unfazed, I pulled my arms over my chest to form a cross. "Whether it's yes or no, you have nothing to go against me. So, why must you know?"

"Because I-"

"Ivy, can-" Sangyeon then appeared, swiftly pushing the door open. He wasn't able to continue when he sensed the tension filling in my office. "A-Am I interrupting anything?"

This is the chance.

"No..." I pushed myself past Joochan, striding closer to the boss. "I'm about to leave. Is there anything you want to check?"

"Y...es?" He suddenly sounded unsure but Sangyeon was brilliant. For sure, by now he could decipher the emotion I wore on my face when he kept looking. And my assumption seemed to have met the conclusion when he pursed his lips before he said, "Let's talk while walking."

"Sure..." It came out escaping my lips sounding dragged along with my gaze that slowly trailed to Joochan who seemed frustrated as he again had lost his chance to talk to me. "Well, see you again..."

Is it obvious? The sarcasm I laced in my speech before I spun on my heels, dragging Sangyeon with me into the corridor?

I should've thanked him, should I? Maybe he wasn't aware of his capability but he had saved me by jumping into the scene unannounced. It was as if I was internally screaming for help just for anyone and God sent him to me simply because Joochan would never retaliate. Imagine if it was Haknyeon or Rosie who came, I probably wouldn't be standing in front of the elevator, waiting for its door to open.

"Should I let you do the signing at home?" Sangyeon pondered, I could see his reflection in the aluminium door of the elevator. "I can't fire Joochan, so, maybe putting you two away will be helpful."

That was how considerate Sangyeon was.

"No need," I said, glancing over at him. "I don't want to hear other writers gossiping that I'm receiving all the favouritism from you."

Swiftly, Sangyeon turned towards me, crossing his arms in the process. "What happened earlier? What should I know?"

I sighed. "He has been wanting to talk to me but I can't stand him. So, I turned him down but I never knew that he could be so persistent."

He nodded, almost looking like he was harvesting any idea from the back of his head to solve this problem. I mean, it wasn't even his problem, why must he burden himself?

"Anyway," I changed the topic. "Why were you looking for me earlier?"

"Oh!" He clicked his finger at the same time the elevator arrived, inviting us inside. We walked in and Sangyeon pushed the G button before he continued, "You know, this is the first time I have had my writer nominated."