23

I somehow regretted it to say that a homeless was trying to approach me as an excuse to avoid Hong Joochan from talking to me.

Yes, it was effective. Because Kevin stayed with me throughout the journey back to the office until he heard the ding of the elevator, leaving Joochan with no space to talk to me about whatever he had in mind. But, the consequence of that was, that Kevin Moon was furious.

Maybe, it was a good thing to have witnessed how he was worried about me. After all, from his point of view, I was making the call while walking alone. That was the least he could do as a boyfriend. But, I was drowned in a sea full of guilt by my own actions.

His worry for me was actually useless. I apparently was lying to him about the situation.

"Why does it always end up like this?" I mumbled alone as I drew my signature on the empty page of my new book.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" I whipped my head towards the right side of my office, furiously blinking as I met with Haknyeon's eyes. Damn.

I forgot that I was not alone. I totally forgot that he just came in 30 minutes ago, offering me help when everyone went out to take a break.

Now, how could I cover this up? I trusted him, I'd always be. But, this wasn't my choice to keep my relationship roomed behind thick 4 walls without an exit. The only reason why I still sealed the truth about me and Kevin from all the staff in this building was because Kevin asked me to. To keep him away from pressure and attention from being linked to a name that most people knew.

Not that I was a public figure but it was enough to make Moonlights scream if they saw my name somewhere, I guess.

"You better tell me! Never think to keep it!" Haknyeon was now standing on his feet, pointing towards me with wide eyes. When I avoided his gaze, he rushed to my desk, clumsily pulling the chair across from me and sat on it before he wheeled it closer like a predator. "Is it a gossip? What is it about?"

He looked so invested, that it almost seemed like he was drooling while waiting for me to open up. He kept shoving his face closer to me and I unknowingly shoved him back to the seat.

"Sit still!"

The impact might have been too big or this boy was just being dramatic because his fall was quite bouncy. For a brief moment, it scared me. I obviously didn't want to be in the headlines as soon as my new books were marketed.

Writer Ivy is reported to have hurt a staff.

Not cool, obviously not cool.

Haknyeon poked his tongue through his cheek, probably scheming something in that big brain on how to make me open my mouth. Honestly, he needn't do much effort. For, I was ready to tell.

Releasing a slight heavy sigh, I sat comfortably on my chair, abandoning the book and tossing the pen aside. Haknyeon on the other side seemed to get the signal, he straightened his posture and patiently waited. He didn't say anything as he looked at me. It was as if he knew I was warming up like an old engine of a car which needed a few minutes before moving.

10 seconds. It was exactly 10 seconds for me to pluck the courage to find his eyes. They were glowing with hope and a slight of worries. He probably sensed something wrong because the next thing he did was pouting as if he was about to cry.

"I just don't get it, Haknyeon," I started, slowly trailing my eyes up to the ceiling. "I worked really hard to secure everything meaningful for me. Everything that I'm scared to lose. But, the more I work hard for it, the more it is ruined."

"How was it ruined?"

I shrugged, "You know, in any interaction, trust is the most important thing to exist, no matter if it's a friendship or a relationship. It's like a pillar. I'm in a dilemma, I'm stuck in the middle."

"What makes you choose?"

"No, I don't choose, surprisingly," I chuckled. "It's originally like that. 'A' is what I have to secure and ironically, I protect it from B."

"Then, what is the problem?"

"To protect A, I have to lie, making up stories just so this A wouldn't get hurt by B. I don't want this to happen either. I just want to live normally as Ivy who lives in honesty."

Haknyeon then hummed, and his head bobbed in a slow rhythm as if he was registering one by one in his brain. He then pointed at me, "I think you already have an answer. What is it?"

"B has to disappear for me and A to live happily," I said almost instantly, no hesitation lacing in. That was my wish, to have B - Hong Joochan leave me and Kevin alone.

Haknyeon was choking on the air after hearing my answer. Perhaps, it wasn't my answer that surprised him but the killer instinct that suddenly bloomed inside me was. I could feel the flames in my eyes getting brighter and brighter as Joochan's name lingered in my head.

"I never thought that your love for Kevin is this pure," Haknyeon remarked which had stopped all the bad plans I had in mind.

"W-What? K-Kevin?"

How... he know?

"Aren't we talking about Kevin?" He pondered, furiously blinking.

How. He. Knew?!

Just in case anyone forgot, I really couldn't hide a feeling from being seen on my face. And right now, I couldn't help but express the surprise - a twitch at the corner of my eyes and slightly apart lips. Haknyeon chuckled as he finally realized that his remark had sent me crazy.

"I'm serious, right now, boy," I leaned forward across the desk, wide eyes staring back at him. "How do you know?"

"Kevin told me," he answered rather leisurely which for a few seconds I was doubting my hearing ability.

Did I hear it right? Kevin told him? What?

"Repeat that again," I requested, my eyes squinted to his lips as if the movement of his mouth and the sound escaped were saying different things. But, no. He said it right, Kevin told him. "WHAT?!"

I screamed, jolting up and breathing heavily. I had a mix of feelings right now and I didn't know which one was consuming a big part of my body.

I felt funny because for all this while I had been trying so hard to keep this relationship a secret. But, what? Kevin spilt it himself? And why never did I get informed about this?

However, one thing was consuming my little head. A question actually. What Kevin was thinking when he told Haknyeon about us?

"You know, Ivy," the said boy snapped me back to reality, crossing his arms as he trailed my movement back to seating. "I used to think that Kevin was too boyfriendable. I mean, I talked to him about the new theme he designed for your page and suddenly he asked me a favour."

"W-What favour?"

"To look after you."

My breath instantly hitched.

"He told me 'we are just starting a serious relationship but we are unable to see each other often. So, please take care of her during my absence'. I tell you, Ivy, I was the one who got fluttered by his comment," Haknyeon covered his mouth with his palm as he squealed behind it like a little girl who ran into her crush. "And now, witnessing you work hard for this relationship, I must say that you two definitely are a match made in heaven."

Haknyeon continued rambling about this and that, listing out why he admired our relationship. But, all sounded underwater to me. My soul was left at the first point - Kevin asked him to look after me.

It came to my realization that I found out everything about Kevin - the way he thinks, the way he acts, all from someone else. Not that I found it out myself. It was a bit of a shame that I had to hear it from other people instead of finding out myself, but, I must say that I was quite satisfied.

We probably lack interaction, the long-distance relationship being the devil but he had his way of showing his effort.

It made me wonder, what else would Kevin Moon bring to the table.