Settling

*Emily POV*

I cradle him to my chest, humming softly until all I can hear are his soft snores. He looks so precious asleep like this, I know he says he doesn't want to be a little but he looks so cute I just want to smother him and never let him go.

I didn't realize the time until I heard footsteps behind me. 1am, I should probably get him to bed. Leah is walking towards the door, she is dressed in a black dress that shows off her curves a little and her hair is done half up, half down.

"And where are you off too at such a time" I say making her stop dead in her tracks. I get up off the couch, holding Riley close. I was now standing in line with her but she was still far away. She slowly turns round and I realize the dress is a bit baggy on her, looks like my dress.

"I-I thought you were asleep" Leah replies quietly. "I'm sorry, I took your dress and was sneaking out but can you not tell Daddy he will be so mad at me" She walks closer quickly with her hands held in front of her clearly very nervous I would tell on her.

"Honey you know I have to tell him because other wise how will he keep you safe" I say causing her to tear up slightly but she nods and whispers a good night before practically running upstairs to her room. Carrying Riley I could feel his hands start to play with my hair again, I assume he had woken up but it didn't last long as I could hear him snoring again. I place him in the crib, gently detangling my black hair from his pale fingers.

"Goodnight baby" I say softly before turning off the nursery light and turning on the night light and  baby monitor.

*the next morning*

My heads pounding as Leah and Charlie argue in front of me. I sip my coffee slowly as I tune back into what's happening.

"AGAIN LEAH, YOU KNOW YOUR NOT TO GO SNEAKING OUT AT FUCKING 1AM. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Charlie slams the table, this isn't the first time Leah had tried to or had snuck out so I can't say his anger is unreasonable.

"I JUST WANTED TO GO OUT FOR ABIT, NOBODY DIED. YOUR BEING SO UNFAIR AND YOU DON'T LET ME DO ANYTHING I WANT" Leah huffs, even if she is an adorable little she is still a moody teenager.

"YOU COULD HAVE DIED AND THE ONLY REASON WHY I'M NOT TEARING YOUR ASS UP IS BECAUSE EMILY TOLD ME NOT TOO" Charlie blurts out. As if I'm the bad guy here..

"DOESN'T MATTER WHAT EMILY SAYS, I HATE YOU AND I HATE THIS HOUSE" Leah says before storming out the door. Charlie just rolls his eyes and goes upstairs. What a lovely morning, I sip my coffee again and I had gotten so interested in the argument it had gone cold.

The baby moniter beeps and I check it, Riley is starting to sit up in his crib. I smile to myself, how cute, he goes to stand up but falls back on his bum. I turn it off and walk up the stairs to him, I reach his nursery and he looks down with tired eyes.

"Good morning, did you sleep well" I say as I unhinge the crib and let the front fall down. I pick Riley up and lay him on the changing Matt, giving him a healthy wipe and sprinkle of powder before putting a fresh diaper on him. He seems too tired to fight me today so I grab a onesie.

Clipping it round his diaper and taking him downstairs

Clipping it round his diaper and taking him downstairs. I try to out him on the rug but he started to fuss so I just held him on the couch. Snoring away in only a few minutes, he is so precious...

Leah finally came back and when she did she looked tired, upset and sore.

"Daddy..." She called out quietly but nobody answered at first. She sniffled softly. Charlie was walking down the stairs but ran towards her when he saw her. He hugged her tight and she burst into tears, apologizing frantically as Charlie hugged her and made sure she was okay.

The sight made me smile to myself.