Work

*Emily*

I didn't think I would have to go back so soon, I thought I had maybe 1 month or so... I can't believe more than two months has already gone by with Riley. At first he was hostile and cold towards me but now he is nothing but the sweetest little boy I have ever seen...

I didn't know how to break the news to him. I worked for one of the biggest corporations in the modern world, sale trade and association communications. My dad owns the office but when he retired I'll be taking over.

I didn't know of I should get Riley a babysitter or just send him to a daycare. There is a daycare next to my office, dad had it built just for Riley but luckily there are other Mommy and Daddy doms who needed it.

"Riley, honey. Can you come here please" I call out as Riley was outside in the garden with chase.

"COMING" He calls back which makes me chuckle as he comes running back with chase following him closely. He is giggling and it makes me so happy to see him this happy. I open my arms as he comes running in, he leaps into my arms. He is giggling and squealing as I throw him up in the air. I sit him down on the kitchen side and he swings his legs gently.

"So mommy has to go back to work soon. And I wanted to know if you wanyed a babysitter or to go to a daycare right by my work" He thinks for a moment. He is adorable.

"What if I just went to work with you" He suggests with a smile, bringing his legs up to sit cross legged.

"Honey, mommy has very important work to do and i can't look after you while I'm working" I feel bad but I can't do both.. Riley pouts slightly.

"But what if I don't like either. I'm only little around you, and even then it's hard sometimes" He confesses, it's clear he isn't feeling very little right now.

"Just try the daycare and if you don't like it we can get a babysitter and if you still hate that then there is always Charlie or Leah's new daddy" I suggest which he nods too.

-next day-

It's been awhile since I have been to work so I'm a bit nervous but I haven't really changed. I put on a gray pant suit with a matching tie and white shirt. Did my hair in a neat but with a thick strand at the front.

Riley had on a cute little outfit for his first day of daycare.

 He looks adorable

.
He looks adorable. He seems happy enough in the outfit, I pack him a backpack with all the things he would need. Diaper, a bottle, a bib, his favorite pacifier, change of clothes and the teddy I brought him.

"If your really good at daycare then I'll buy you some teddies or toys. How does that sound" He cheers and jumps up and down. I help him put on his back pack and I pick up my briefcase. "Ready to go" I check and Riley nods with a soft smile. I slip my heels on and I help him put on his Velcro shoes.

I open the door and walk out, when I turn round he is stood still at the door. Poor thing, I smile and scoop him up. Planting a kiss on his cheek and locking the door. Carrying him down the street and all the way to my work.  He is clinging to my neck for dear life..

I put him down when we get inside my main building, I sign both of us in, I have to fill in Rileys forms for the daycare.

"Who is this cutie Em, he is adorable" Stacy (the receptionist) says with a smile as she leans over the desk. Riley clings to my suit jacket nervously.

"It's okay honey, say hello" I reassure him with a smile.

"H-hello, my n-names Riley" He speaks quietly and waves gently. Stacy is in awe.

"Oh my goodness, my names Stacy you cutie pie. You can always come to me for anything. Do you want a cookie, I keep them for only the best little ones" Stacy says showing him a plate of cookies, he looks at me nervously and I nod so he takes one with a smile. He is so happy with his cookie, eating it happily. I finish filling in the forms and give them to Stacy.

"Just that way Em, see you later cutie pie" Stacy smiles and directs me, Riley waves bye as he is eating his cookie. I bring him to the daycare as he holds my hand. We get to the door and one of the workers comes up to greet us.

"Well hello little one, you must be new. Is this Riley?" She has light brown hair with green dye in the ends of it.

"This is Riley, his little age is 1-2 years old. He is still adjusting so he might be big at some points and this is my first time leaving him so if there are any issues you know where my office is" I'm spouting information at her and she is nodding with a smile.

"Of course Miss Daymen, any issues and we will call you immediately. Now shall we get this little sunshine inside shall we" She bends down to his height which makes Riley whimper and cry into my side.

"MOMMY NO" Riley was sobbing, I pick him up and kiss his cheek. Drying his eyes gently, with gentle shushing. His eyes start to dry up slowly as his tears turn to hiccups. "Mommy" he whimpers quietly.

"My darling dove, remember that you are trying daycare, if you really miss mommy that much my office isn't too far and Stacy will take you right up too me" I cup his chin gently. He nods and holds his hands together, he takes a few small steps towards the woman who extends her hand. He takes it nervously and she tells him to wave goodbye. He is trying to stop from crying but is struggling as he waves goodbye.

I kiss his head gently and wave back, fighting back tears of my own. He is guided into the daycare and I watch him go in before making my way to my office..

The day was going so long, it was only just 11.30am and I missed Riley so badly but I was too busy to stop. I hadn't gotten a call from the daycare just yet so I assumed Riley was okay.

When I finished work I had to take a quick business call but after that I wasn't too busy for the rest of the day. The call was stupid anyways, the man spent ten whole minutes telling me how to do my job, what a dumbass.

I'm charging down to the daycare to check on Riley. I get to the Daycare and they tell me Riley is no longer there. Luckily, Stacy stops me before I freak out to see an adorable Riley spinning in her office chair giggling happily.

"Dove~" I get his attention, he smiles at me and squeals as he runs round the desk and leaps up into my arms. I lift him and kiss his cheek. "Come on little prince, mommy isn't as busy now" I kiss his cheek and Stacy hands me his backpack with a smile. They wave goodbye to each other.

After work I buy him two new teddies  which he seems rather happy with. He falls right asleep as we get home, poor baby, he has had such a long day.