Chapter 24: Odd Family

We see Izuku sitting in a chair besides Eri's bed with her still asleep, while he was waiting for her to be discharged he decided to look into the future to see if he could find out when he would be facing Wei Shin or at least find out where he is. He activated Precognition but....

Izuku: Something or someone is preventing me from seeing that future.

He spent an hour trying to bypass whatever was keeping him from seeing the future but it proved difficult until he saw a glimpse of something.

Within the future

On a floating island that looked partly destroyed, we could see two figures, one made of light while the other was a monstrosity of a being.

Monstrosity: You are strong child but I am beyond strength.

Light: But I am Absolute.

Monstrosity: Even if you are, you a mortal cannot not kill a god.

Light: Gods can be slain and I will be your slayer.

Monstrosity: I commend you for your bravery but this is the end of the line for you.

Light: Than come at me.

The two beings charged at each out, Light coated its fist in what could be described as pure omniversal energy while the Monstrosity coated its hand in the opposite of the lights fist, it radiated pure nothingness that none could rival. The two beings clashed their fists, sending out a white flash that trapped everything in nothing but everything all at once.

Back to the Present

That was the only thing Izuku could see before being blinded by the light, bringing him back to the present, he rubbed his eyes trying to clear that blinding light.

Izuku: Man that was bright, but at least I got something that could help me.

The light died down letting him see again but when he looked outside, it was already morning.

Izuku: Huh, looks like time moves faster the further I look into the future.

Izuku looked back at Eri who was beginning to wake up, she rubbed her eyes of sleep and looked back at Izuku who was waiting patiently for her.

Izuku: Good Morning Eri, how did you sleep?

Eri: I slept fine but had a bad dream, it was scary.

She says while looking down at her hands, Izuku moved over and sat next to her, she looked up at him and he gave her a warm smile.

Izuku: Bad dreams are normal so to get rid of them, we do something fun to get our minds off it and smile.

Eri: What's a smile?

It hurt to hear Eri say that to him, he could see all the trauma Overhaul caused her, only making her know pain and suffering.

Izuku: A smile is something that shows happiness or joy, it could be used to show everyone that everything will be okay.

Eri tried to smile, going as far as to use her fingers to force herself yo smile but nothing was happening, she looked down with tears frightening to fall from her eyes.

Eri: I cant smile.

Izuku gave her a bear hug while rubbing circles on her back.

Izuku: Dont worry Eri, I'll find a way to make you smile, I promise.

Eri only nodded while giving his adoptive father a hug, they stayed like this for a few minutes before Izuku let her go but stayed seated next to her, he face her and asked her a question.