Marriage

Chapter 3

Kali on call with Chaitra

Kali- hello Chaitra mam

Chaitra- hello Mr.Kali, how did you remember me today?

Kali- Mam sir wants you to get the ancestral wedding attire to the temple.

Chaitra- Are you both finally getting married? Are you going to be the bride or the groom? (She said and started laughing)

Kali- Mrs. Chaitra (He said in a stern voice)

Chaitra- I am sorry. What does he need them for anyway?

Kali- Sir is getting married. He wants you to sneak the clothes out of the mansion without anyone's knowledge.

Chaitra- What! (She was shocked) what makes you think I would help him?

Kali- Mam do you remember what you did and what you are about to do?

Chaitra- HOW DARE YOU ( Kali interrupted her in between)

Kali- I am just conveying sir's words mam. Please be there in 20 minutes.

Chaitra immediately disconnected the call and ran out of her room.

She sneaked into the temple in their mansion, took the ancestral clothes packed them in a bag and ran outside to her car.

She put the bag in the back seat and sat in the driver's seat.

Just when she was about to start the car her mother knocked on the car window.

Sweat beads formed on Chaitra's forehead.

"Where are you off to at this time" her mom, Vidhi Ranawat questioned her.

"Nothing Mom, I am going to a friend to give her my clothes for alterations" Chaitra said.

"Your engagement clothes? she asked.

Her face fell listening to the word engagement.

Her mother noticed it and said " I am trying my best to convince mom but she is not ready to listen. I am sorry my daughter. Maybe this is for the best."

Chaitra didn't give her a reply.

After her mother left, she immediately drove towards their ancestral temple.
———————