Start of a war

Chapter 1

I just woke up after another tiring day

I just woke up after another tiring day. Business is not easy but I love running my company so no complaints from my side.

Today is Sunday and the most celebrated day of my life, my birthday. But is it a celebrating event for the person who gave birth to me?

My father died when I was a child so I know nothing about my father's love.
My mother was busy grieving his loss so I know nothing about a mother's care.
My younger brother was there all along but not enough.

The only thing I know is to survive. I have hope of seeing better days. I smile every day and every second in the fear of forgetting how to smile. And as people say fake it till you make it.

But I think even god felt guilty for making my life so miserable so he sent me my two angels, Rumika and Srishti.

I met Rumika in kindergarten and we both met Srishti in 4th grade and my miserable life found two people whom I could love.

Today we three are going to spend the entire day in the apartment we bought together with all our earnings and a few loans. It was our escape spot, our home. A place where all our Sundays are spent peacefully without a care of the world doing things we love the most.

I got a call at midnight with them both wishing me. I can forget my birthday but they both can never.

Right now it's 8 in the morning.
My mother and brother both wished me and I had breakfast and I am on my way to the apartment.
———————
I opened the door and saw the entire place decorated and there was a huge step cake in the front. There were balloons everywhere and my photos and our pictures together. This was the best thing I could ever ask for.

 This was the best thing I could ever ask for

They both shouted" Happy birthday Mahi".

My eyes were filled with tears. Seeing this they both rushed towards me and tightly hugged me almost breaking my ribs.

After our crying session came to an end, we changed into our Shinchan pyjamas and switched on the TV to watch Shinchan. Our favourite cartoon, our comfort show.