First encounter

Chapter 8

They called me into the hall for ring exchange ceremony

My hands started shaking. Where is he? I will kill him once I see him.

Mahika Bhabhi came inside the room to take me outside.

We reached the hall but were waiting for Shourya to arrive.

There were not many guests present. It was just my dadi's friends and their families and his family and friends.

Bhai and Dad made it very clear that none of them agreed to me getting married to Shourya, so they refused to invite their friends.

But Dadi was hell bent on getting me engaged to Shourya today. She emotionally blackmailed Dad into agreeing to it.

Dadi to save her invisible reputation went as far as telling Mahika Bhabhi to pretend like a friend of mine and not as bhai's wife.

I and Mahika Bhabhi were talking when a lady approached us.

"Beta who are you? She asked Bhabhi.

Bhabhi is a very bad liar. Her expressions give her lies away.

"She is a friend of mine" I lied to save her.

"You look very pretty beta. Any plans of getting married? the aunty asked.

As soon as Aunty asked this question bhai who was standing a little away from us focused all this attention here.

Bhabhi hid her nuptial chain inside her dress upon dadi's orders, so people are probably assuming her to be unmarried.

Bhabhi gave an awkward smile to Aunty and I was trying very hard to control my laughter looking at bhai's face which turned pale.

My bhai is showing all kinds of emotions these days. His mood swings are worse than a pregnant woman's.

"Yes Aunty, do you have any prospective groom for my friend" I asked trying to provoke my already pissed brother.

Bhabhi gave me a death stare.

Bhai was lipsing me shut up. But will I listen to him? No way.

"My son is single and well settled and he earns really well. He is handsome too" the aunty said.

Bhabhi was just blinking her eyes with nervousness and bhai was ready to kill both me and that aunty's son.

I burst out laughing and received glares from everyone.

Bhai's friends would have loved this scene but unfortunately, they aren't here.

But I will throw them a party later anyway in the success of breaking engagement with that nasty womaniser. And also for my 1 month anniversary.

Rishi would definitely make fun of me. But Aadharsh bhai and Suryansh bhai will probably kill me for not telling them before.

My bhai started moving towards us but bhabhi signalled him not to come.