Medicine

Chapter 7

I slightly opened my eyes and was welcomed by my favourite smell, the smell of the hospital and eye-blinding lights

It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright lights.

As soon as I settled, everything that took place at my house flashed in front of my eyes.

I wanted to cry.

I wanted to cry so loud that the voices of self-guilt in my head get silenced.

I want to feel pain that would override the pain in my chest.

But nothing is happening. Tears were refusing to flow out of my eyes.

My feeling of guilt is eating me raw.

My brother's silence was blaming me for his childhood without his father.

My mother's anger was blaming me for her becoming a widow at a young age.

As I was drowning in my thoughts I heard the sound of the door opening.

I saw Aadrik coming inside.

There was some kind of emotion in his eyes I couldn't decipher.

He came and immediately hugged me.

"You scared the hell out of me lotus" he said tightening his hug.

Before I could embrace him back we heard a knock on the door and Aadrik let go of me.

I already started missing his comforting warmth.

"How are you feeling Mahika" I heard Suryansh bhai asking.

I nodded my head having no expression on my face.

They both exchanged a glance and looked at me again.

"Doctor said you can go home after your drip is completed" Suryansh bhai informed.

Aadrik nodded.

After staying for a while Suryansh bhai left leaving two of us alone in the room.

I was struggling to adjust my bed and Aadrik lent me a hand and sat beside me on the bed.

"What are you doing" I asked.

"Hmm sitting I guess" he answered.

"I know but why are you sitting here, go and sit there" I said.

"No" he said and refused to move and laid down hugging me close to him.

Knowing he won't let go no matter what I say I let him be.

"How did I get here? What are you doing here? I questioned.

"Kali called me saying you did not call him to get you and he felt something was wrong" he answered.

I understood and nodded. Anything was possible for Aadrik. Getting me out of the house must have been a piece of cake for him.