White lizard

Chapter 12

~~ the evening of the party~~

Abhay entered his penthouse where Samaira was waiting for him. Abhay asked her to meet at his penthouse instead of the house because he wanted to have an uninterrupted conversation with her.

Samaira was sitting on the sofa in the living room playing with her fingers in nervousness.

"It was not you who the guy liked, it was Chaitra. But later rumours about that incident spread. It was complete opposite to what happened there." I said and she looked nervous.

"Will you tell me exactly what happened now in detail?" Abhay asked in a serious tone.

"I am sorry bhai. It wasn't me who did that to her."

"Do what to her?"

"It was that guy. He sent me a letter asking me to get her to the abandoned room if I wanted to get my revenge and reveal the truth. It didn't know he was going to hit her with a whip. I swear" Samaira said while crying and bowing her head down unable to face her brother.

Abhay's eyes widened. He couldn't believe his ears. He was there to find out about what happened to her in detail and advocate for Chaitra's innocence but he found out completely shocking information. His hand moved involuntarily and slapped Samaira on her left cheek. It was the first time he ever raised his hand on Samaira or any woman.

He believed people who hit women were nothing but weak bastards. But what Samaira did was a punishable sin. She put an innocent girl's life at stake. That guy could have done way worse things with Chaitra.

"Why did you do that? Abhay's voice resounded in the silent penthouse.

"Because I hate her or was probably jealous of her" Samaira said in a calm tone looking directly into his eyes.

Abhay was drowning in guilt and embarrassment. He was embarrassed to realise what kind of person he raised.

He was ashamed to face Chaitra. He was afraid Chaitra would leave him upon knowing the truth. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to tell her the truth but the fear of losing her was taking over his sanity.

"Who is the guy? Abhay asked holding back the urge to kill her.

"I don't know. He was wearing a black mask."

"And you left her in a room with a stranger all alone unaware of his intentions." Abhay was disgusted with her actions.

"I am not sorry for what I did" she replied instantly in a calm tone.

He stood up kicking the chair causing it to fall and a thud sound echoed in the room. Samaira shivered in fear. He left the penthouse so as to not kill his sister he raised with his own hands. If there were someone else in her place, he/she would have gotten the worst possible death.