Guilt

Chapter 18

Mahika woke up to have her food in the evening

Since her right hand was fractured, mom was feeding her.

Mom scolded Mahika a lot for being careless. Dad just stood there and didn't say anything and Mahika as well avoided Dad's eyes.

After feeding her mom left.

"You are not setting foot outside this house until and unless you are completely healed," I said in a stern voice.

"Are you kidding me? It will take one and a half month for the fracture to heal." She protested.

"You should have thought of it before getting into an accident. You will not set a foot out and there is no room for discussion ." I said in a stern voice.

I could see her getting angry.

"I have to go somewhere next week," she said.

"Mahika DON'T TEST MY PATIENCE" I tried my best not to raise my voice at her.

"I will go."

"Kali, make sure she doesn't leave the house until I say otherwise" I shouted.

Kali who was waiting outside the room replied with 'yes sir'.

"You will do no such thing." She shouted at me.

"Mahika did you even know what went through me while I was waiting outside the OT? I felt as if someone cut oxygen to my lungs. There wasn't a second I didn't pray for your recovery. You had no right to do that to me. I let you do every stupid thing you wanted until now. But when it comes to your health I will not hesitate to resort to extreme measures." I said with no emotions in my voice. I left while she threw pillows in my direction with her left hand.

"Stronzo" she shouted but I didn't understand. It doesn't sound like a word of affection.

I looked at Kali but he didn't open his mouth.

"What did she call me?" I asked him.

"She called you asshole" Kali said in his normal tone but I am sure he must be laughing inside.

She called me an asshole, now I will show what an asshole does.

I went downstairs and found Rishi there.

He gave my mom and dad some card and touched their feet.

I went closer and found a wedding card. I opened it, it said Rishi Ahuja weds Samaira Khurrana.

I congratulated him and hugged him.

"Who is the girl?" I asked.

"Abhay Khurrana's cousin sister" he replied.

Why is everyone around me involved with those Khurrana's?

"Where is Mahika?"

"She got into an accident, she is taking rest" I replied.