Loose Ends

It was getting late. Victor was nowhere in sight. His father, Warren, was already packing up and preparing dinner. Victor is usually home in time to help him with dinner. Warren began to worry. As he sat at the dining table, waiting for his only son to come home from work, there was a sound at the front door. Victor walked into the house. Warren rushed to him to ask what happened and saw Victor all dirty. He had bruises and he was bleeding. His clothes were torn up.

Warren rushed towards him.

Warren: Victor! What happened to you?! (checking Victor's wounds) Are you alright?

Victor was barely conscious. His face was all battered and he could hardly open his eyes.

Victor: .........I'm sorry.......for getting home.......so late, dad....... (sits down on the floor)

Warren carries Victor and places him on the couch in the living room. He then rushes to the kitchen to get some towels and a bowl of warm water.

Warren: What the hell happened to you?! (tries to treat Victor's wounds) Who did this to you?! Tell me!

Victor couldn't speak. He just cried. He was in so much pain. Warren held him. He knew that this was no accident and his son was in fact assaulted. He had no idea who did it nor did he have any suspects. He just wanted Victor to be alright. Taking him to the hospital was going to cost a lot of money but he had no choice.

As he tried to get his son into the truck, Victor told him to stop.

Warren: What are you doing? We gotta get you to the hospital.......

Victor: I'm fine, dad........I don't need the hospital........I just need some time to recover.......

Warren: What if there's anything broken? You need help, son!

Victor: Please,dad.........I just need to lie down........

Warren cried as he brought Victor back into the house. He knew why his son told him he wanted to stay at home but he just couldn't bring himself to argue so he brought Victor back into the house and helped him get into his bed. Warren sat beside Victor's bed and sobbed softly as Victor slept.

Victor was known to be very quiet and polite. He would never get into any violent acts with anyone and the fact that he was always so busy with work after school, there was no reason for his father to believe that Victor got himself caught up in some gang problem. Victor really wanted to get into a good performing arts school. He had a goal and he was set.

Warren just couldn't believe what had happened that day and he wanted so much to find out the truth. Victor was the only one who could tell him what happened to him and he was already fast asleep. Warren just waited at his bedside until he woke up.

---------------------------------------

Melanie Jayne helped Victor get cleaned up. She looked at him and smiled as she wiped his face with a warm towel.

MJ: I love you, Victor. 

Victor smiled. He had some bruises on his face but it wasn't anything severe.

Victor: I love you too, Melanie Jayne.  (caresses Melanie's face) 

MJ: What are you thinking of, Victor?

Victor: (smiles) Nothing. I just........I just love you, so much.......

Jean enters the room and informs them that Lorenzo was on his way to the premise. Melanie Jayne nods at him and turns to look at Victor.

MJ: He'll understand, Victor. Don't worry. I'm here with you. (kisses Victor) 

Victor: I was the one who messed up, Melanie Jayne. I'll face the music. You should stay out of it.