Commemoration

Things were getting stressful between Melanie Jayne and Victor. Ever since this woman by the name "Sharon" showed up, things have just gone wrong in every possible way. Victor was distant and quiet and refused to speak to Melanie Jayne about what was bothering him. Melanie Jayne was trying so hard to understand what was going on. Everytime she mentioned the name "Sharon", he would tell her to stay away from her and everything that had anything to do with her. It was making Melanie Jayne upset but she wasn't about to give up on her relationship with Victor. She loved him too much to let him be pushed away.

She felt as though something was very wrong but she just couldn't say what it really was. Victor was not talking and the clues to this guessing game was pointing nowhere. He seemed as though he really disliked her but he wasn't talking about why that was so. Melanie Jayne decided to just give him space and worked more hours in the office and came home late. Victor would text her only to know where she was. Sometimes, she was just too upset to reply so she would ignore the text message and continues working.

One day, Nicole came into work and informed everyone that there was going to be a private event happening on a remote, private island somewhere which sounded like the perfect getaway. Melanie Jayne was so excited because she thought this would have been exactly what she and Victor needed. A getaway. She came home earlier than usual that day to tell him about the trip. She was hoping so much he would be just as excited as she was. She thought that he might have wanted to get away from everything and everyone just as much.

She decided to tell Victor over dinner.

MJ: I have some news......erm......We are gonna be heading off to a private island for an event. It's more like a getaway. I thought, it would be really great if.......you know.......you'd come along with me.......I've checked your schedule with Leo and it seems like you're free........What d'ya say? Come with me?

Victor: (stops eating and sighs) I........I can't........

MJ: Why?.........

Victor: Because........I just.......can't.......

MJ: I know that things haven't been really smooth between us lately and I'm really, really sorry if I am smothering you........

Victor: Melanie Jayne, you are not smothering me........I just......I just have a lot going on right now.........

MJ: You can tell me, Victor. I am in this relationship too.

Victor looked at Melanie Jayne like he was in so much pain. 

Victor: I.......can't.......

MJ: Why? Why can't you tell me? I'm here for you, Victor. I wanna help you get through whatever it is that's bothering you........I'm here, Victor. Talk to me.........

Victor: You will never understand. You just won't get it......... You just......You will never get it......

Victor got up and left. Melanie Jayne just sank her face into her palms and cried. Victor went up to his bedroom and stayed there till morning. When he came downstairs the next morning, Melanie Jayne had already gone to work. She continued to come home late after that and eventually, she had to leave for the trip. She asked Victor one last time to come with her before leaving but he ignored her text message entirely so she left.

--------------------------------------------------

Melanie Jayne woke up and realized that they were about to land. Victor was looking out the window while holding her hand. He knew that she wasn't a fan of take-offs and landings. He turned to look at her and smiled.

Victor: Hey, you're awake! (kisses Melanie's forehead)

MJ: Are we descending already?

Victor: Soon. (pointing out the window) Look! There's the runway!