SideQuest

The beach volleyball game took quite a bit out of everyone so dinner started a little later than usual. Nicole, however, was already waiting with Lord Roberts at the dining area with Lorenzo, Jean and Nick. They were having appetizers with some drinks while waiting for everyone to arrive. 

Lord Roberts: That must have been quite a game today that everybody is taking a little more time to get ready..... (joking)

Lorenzo: They have all the energy in the world. They'll come around. 

Lord Roberts: Oh, you didn't play? (laughs)

Lorenzo: I could have played but ya know......we didn't want to dampen their spirits with our experience and all...... (laughs) Although.......Nicolas was team captain.......

Jean: We cannot expect him not to play, sir. He was built for it. (smiles)

Nick just smiled. He had always been athletic. He would never turn down an opportunity to play any sport. Nicole was seated at the end of the table just staring at her phone. She was texting someone and from the looks of it, she didn't seem too happy about something.

Melanie Jayne joins her by sitting beside her.

MJ: Sorry I'm late. Victor is on his way......... (looking at Nicole who is still texting someone) Hey! I'm talking to you!

Nicole: (locks her phone and slams it onto the table) Damn it! I can't get these people to do anything! What the hell am I paying them for?!

MJ: (hugs Nicole) Hey! What is going on?

Nicole: Oh God! I got myself a new PA. He's a fucking idiot!

MJ: Erm......What happened to Jeremy? Or was it Jerry?

Nicole: Jimmy!

MJ: Yes, that's the guy!

Nicole: He can't keep up.

MJ: So......he quit?

Nicole: I fired him, MJ! I can't work with people who can't get things done!

MJ: Hey, ya know........I don't wanna like micromanage or whatever.......

Nicole: Save it! I get it a lot from Leo already!

MJ: Look, these are people you're talking about. If you wanted someone who is always on the same page as you, you should get yourself an A.I. or something........Of course, human technology has flaws too........

Nicole: It's kinda obvious that when you apply for a job as a PA, you kinda need to always be on your toes. Shit changes all the time! You know how the fashion world is!

MJ: Oh, that.......I thought it was just a secondary life to you........

Nicole paused and looked at Melanie Jayne. She knew that Melanie Jayne missed the fashion world and her fashion company because she and Nicole worked so hard on it and that was as real as it ever got for Melanie Jayne.

Nicole: I'm just trying to make it legit. Ever since you "died", well.........the show must still go on.......at least until all of your designs have been put out completely. (looks at Melanie) I know you miss it, Melanie Jayne.

MJ: (smiles) Not really. I mean, I have a life now. Not that life but still.....a life......

Nicole looked at Melanie Jayne and saw that she did tear up a little at the mention of their fashion company.

Nicole: Ya know.......Andre was crying so much in the weeks following your death.......

MJ: I can imagine. Is he alright? Is he still working with you?