Chapter 30 - 14th birthday

~4 years later~

Naomi's POV

It's been around 4 years since that last encounter with Sasuke. I haven't seen him since, though I did hear a rumor that he killed Orochimaru. I, for one, wasn't happy about this because I wanted to kill the stupid snake. Hopefully I can kill his acquaintance one day.

It's also been about 4 years since Itachi found me unconscious by that river. So now he knows about the incurable sickness that I have, and he wasn't happy that I didn't tell him about it. But to be fair he didn't tell me he had the same sickness. I wonder if Sasuke was born with the same illness.

<Flashback>

Itachi's POV

"Naomi" I yelled.

I ran to my little sisters side just after she fainted. I pulled her into my lap and saw blood around he mouth. Then I saw the bits of dark clotted blood floating in the river.

Oh no

Is all I thought. It looks like she has the same sickness as me but she doesn't have any medicine for it.

I lifted her up bridle style and ran back to the base. As soon as I got back I called out to Kakazu to meet me in the medical room. When he got there he imidiatly came to see Naomi.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I found her unconscious by the river with blood around her mouth and in the water. I think I know what's wrong with her but could you just check please?" I explained frantically.

First he wiped all the blood away from her mouth then he had a listen to her heart, checked down her throats and had a look at the blood under the microscope.

"It's not good" he began.

"She has an incurable illness with symptoms like coughing up blood, difficulty in breathing, loss of consciousness, blurry vision, chest pains and worst of all.......it will eventually kill her" he said sadly.

Just as I suspected.

I walked out of the room slamming the door in the process and went to my room. As soon as I closed the door, I ran and grabbed something, I don't know what, and I threw it at the wall. I was furious, why didn't I notice this sooner, I could have extended her life with the medicine like I have for myself. There were so many signs and I couldn't even notice them.

I'm such an idiot.

~Timeskip~

When I calmed down, I walked back into the medical room to see Naomi sitting up. When she saw me she put a smile on her face but I could tell it was fake.

"Hey Itachi" she said sweetly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Is all I could ask. Why, why couldn't she tell me sooner?

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about, your sickness. You know it will kill you! Did you know that?!" I started yelling again and she flinched.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and sat on the bed next to her.

"It's just.....I know what it feels like having that sickness and I don't want you to go through all that pain alone" I explained and her eyes went wide.

"Wait, so you have the same sickness too?" She asked and I nodded. She gave me sympathetic look and layed her head on my shoulder.

"Please don't ever leave me" she said.

"I won't" I replied even though I knew it was a lie.

<End Flashback>

Naomi's POV