Chapter 10

"I knew it! Sabi na there's something going on between you two eh!"

Claire and Serena were the first ones to arrive at the dance studio for their weekly practice. The former took this as an opportunity to gush about the new upcoming "couple" in the campus, knowing that Gaille's "courting" Serena.

"So that's why you two seem so close lately? Kaya ka ba niya nilibre sa canteen before? Kaya ba may times na she would walk with you to our classroom? Or kaya ba mas napaaga ka na ng pasok para lang magkasabay kayo? Omg ka!"

Pigil na ngumisi si Serena. "Ay nako, beh! Kung alam mo lang na dahil sa'yo kaya niya nagagawa 'yan!"

Despite that fact, Serena nodded nonetheless and hummed in agreement.

"So kailan pa? If Gaille didn't publicize it, I wouldn't have known! Spill the tea, sister!"

"After lang ng date namin ni Justine. I dumped him and he left me alone at the restaurant after paying the bill. Then do'n sa footbridge na nadadaanan ko on my way home, saktong nando'n din si Gaille. We had a deep talk and I even told her what happened with my date. Then before she left, she asked if she could court me."

Half truth and half lies. But still believable enough for the oblivious Claire in front of her.

"Then bakit ka pumayag?"

"Kasi... I never really had that kind of talk? With, you know, my other suitors. I was, uhm... siguro she caught my interest gano'n. Kaya gusto kong hayaan siya na ligawan ako."

"Ayieee! Si Gaille pala gay awakening mo, ha? Sabagay, she's really charming din naman, especially with those kinds of features. She could really pull both guys and girls. Tahimik pero mabait. Magaling din sumayaw, suwabe gumalaw. I totally get you, Selle!"

Napataas ng kilay si Serena. "Grabe compliment ah? Kung naririnig siguro 'to ni Gaille malamang namumula na siya sa kilig."

"You seemed so impress by her a lot. Crush mo siguro 'no?" Serena tried to test if there's ever a chance for Claire and Gaille to have mutual feelings.

"Ah, not really! Observant lang talaga 'ko. Though, I don't think it'll be a surprise if I would. Pero hypothetically speaking lang naman ah? I don't want to get in between of you two!"

What's on Serena's mind? "Medyo defensive si Claire, personally."

"Wala namang masama, beh! Nanliligaw pa lang naman siya."

"Still! I ship you two kaya! Support ko kayo! Ayaw mo ba sa kaniya?"

"No! I mean— hindi naman sa ayoko! If ever lang naman na may crush ka sa kaniya, it's fine with me. Hindi pa naman kami officially settled sa isa't isa."

"But Gaille likes you, though? Mangyari man na magustuhan ko siya, she wouldn't feel the same way."

"Oh, trust me, Claire, she will."

"Okay, sige na nga. We wouldn't really know naman."

"How is she treating you so far ba when it's just the two of you?"

"Cold at walang pake sa'kin." Serena thought.

"Ayun, like you said, tahimik lang talaga siya most of the time pero sobrang bait niya sa'kin. Gusto niya rin na lagi akong safe kaya nga kahit sa loob lang ng campus gusto niya hinahatid niya ko sa classroom ko pa mismo."

Sa loob-loob ni Serena, she couldn't believe how fast she could come up with these lies. Pero dahil nga kailangan magpa-good shot ni Gaille kay Claire, she's doing everything she can for the former to sound so much like a girlfriend material.

"That's so sweet! Ano pa? I wanna hear more!"

"Ano, kasi—"

The door of the dance studio suddenly opened, revealing the rest of the members they were waiting for, cutting off Claire and Serena's conversation, much to the latter's relief. Hindi na niya kaya pang mag-come up ng excuses for Gaille.

"Sorry we're late po!" Sabi ng isang member.

Claire stood up and gave them all a smile. "Don't worry, guys! Serena and I were just talking habang hinihintay kayo. Hinga muna kayo at magpahinga for at least 5 minutes then we'll proceed with practice na, okay?"

"Noted po!" Sabay-sabay na sabi ng iba pang members and they all sat down after taking off their bags and placing it on the floor.

Meanwhile, Gaille sat down next to Serena, where Claire was sitting at earlier. She poked the latter's shoulder which made her turn around.

"Ay, hi! Nakakagulat ka naman."

"You literally just saw me walk through the door." Gaille rolled her eyes. "Were you and Claire talking bago kami dumating?"

"Oo. Ikaw nga topic namin."

"Really? What did she say?"

"Ay wow inaabangan?" Serena laughed and motioned Gaille to lean closer to her so she could whisper into her ear. "Feel ko may pag-asa ka. She commented a lot of great things about you kanina."

Gaille blushed a bit at what Serena had told her. Yes, she wasn't expecting to be crushback by Claire, but the thought of her having a chance with the said girl gave her butterflies and a bit of hope.

What they didn't know, pinapanood pala sila ng ibang members sa loob ng studio. Kahit pala sila ay kinikilig sa kanilang dalawa.

"Huy, Sere! Ba't namumula 'yang si Gaille?"

"Akala ko ba ligawan pa lang muna? Ba't may landiang nagaganap na ka'gad?"

"Ay mga beh, bawal bebe time dito sa studio ah!"

Mas napahiyaw ang ibang members ng dance troupe kasi iniisip nila kinikilig din si Serena. When in reality, she wanted to laugh but could only smile widely to prevent herself from bursting out loud.

But then again, these uproars only meant one thing. Their plan is working quite well.

***

May dalawang updates pa after nito since birthday ni bebe Gweny. 🧡

#21derfulBiniGwenDay