Chapter 39

Serena insisted on washing the dishes since Gaille had already done all of the cooking and table set up. Nahihiya naman siyang magmukhang palamunin lang kahit bisita siya sa kanila. Since there's no way to win over at Serena, Gaille just let her as she stood on the side to watch her do the dishes.

"Serena, you're gonna use up half of our dish soap if that's how you're going to wash the dishes."

Well, at least Serena's trying to.

"Mali ba?" Inosenteng tanong ni Serena.

"You're not supposed to drop one soap on the sponge every dish and utensils you're gonna clean. Also, you have to rinse the excess food on the dishes so you wouldn't dirty the sponge immediately after washing one plate or spoon and forks." Gaille explained to her.

"Ay! Okay, okay! Kuha ko na."

"Serena, ako na lang magsasabon. You can just rinse them with water and put them on the dish rack."

"Hala! Hindi, Gaille, kaya ko na 'to." Serena insisted.

"It'll be faster if we divided the work."

"Ako na ngaaa! Kaunti na lang naman 't– Ay, pota—!" Serena almost dropped a plate because of how slippery it is. "Sabi ko nga patulong..."

Gaille stifled a laugh before taking the plate off of Serena's hands, instructing her to start rinsing the dishes.

"Sanay na sanay ka na talaga sa mga gawaing bahay, 'no?" Serena asked, awestruck as she watch Gaille do the work she's supposedly doing.

Gaille nodded. "How about you? Don't you wash dishes at home?"

"Hindi eh..." Serena bashfully admitted. "'Pag kasi marami kaming hugasin, we use the dishwasher. 'Pag kaunti lang, si mommy na gumagawa."

"Hmm, I see. Well, you should try doing the dishes by hand starting now."

"Siguro nga. Para naman hindi ako maging pabigat lang." Biro ni Serena at pinagpatuloy ang paghuhugas ng plato.

They continued washing the dishes in companionable silence, the occasional clatter of utensils filling the air.

Serena glanced at Gaille, looking at her side profile as she wash the dishes calmly and silently. Her fantasies got the best of her when she suddenly went behind the tall girl and wrapped her arms around her waist.

Gaille was taken aback by the sudden action. "Uhm, Serena..?"

"You know," Panimula ni Serena habang nakasandal ang pisngi niya sa likod ni Gaille. "I've always dreamt of having a lover do this to me. Pero wala akong alam sa gawaing bahay kaya ako na lang siguro bahala sa backhug."

Gaille could feel Serena's giggles vibrating through her back, sending shivers down her spine.

"T-that's why you should practice doing household chores..."

"Siguro nga."

Gaille had to hide a sigh of relief when Serena removed her hold from her.

"Awa na lang sa bading, Serena Lovelle."

---

"You can sleep on mom's bed for the moment. I've cleaned her room earlier."

It's 10:30pm, Gaille and Serena just finished taking a warm bath and are now planning to sleep. Napagdesisyunan nila 'yon after nilang maghugas ng mga pinagkainan.

"Bakit hindi na lang tayo mag-share sa bed mo?" Serena suggested.

Gaille shook her head, a bit flustered. "You'll be more comfortable sleeping alone on the bed. Baka hindi tayo magkasya if we sleep n-next to each other."