Chapter 18

"Allianah, it's getting late. Do you think our friends are nakauwi na?"

Mag-7pm na at wala pa rin ang mga kaibigan nila Allianah and Mich. It's also starting to rain a little kaya naman Mich started getting worried.

"Have they? Hindi eh... Jordy would've chat me if she did..." Allianah muttered under her breath but Mich still heard her.

"Yet she still haven't. I'm also getting worried for Sydney. I think her phone's dead."

"Should we ask the janitors around?"

"Mhm, better. Hopefully that'll ease our minds off. Tara, let's try to find a janitor."

Mich and Allianah stood up from their seats and wandered around the school building to find a janitor. All the lights across the hallway are switched on because of how dark it is already.

Luckily, there's one janitress mopping the floor in front of the ground floor classrooms. They decided to approach her and ask for their friends.

"Excuse me po, ate. Wala na po bang tao sa multipurpose hall po?" Tanong ni Allianah.

"Multipurpose hall... Ah, doon sa may second floor ba? Wala na. Nag-iinit na naman nga ulo ni kumpare kasi raw iniwan ta's 'di sinara."

"Ah, gano'n po ba? Sige po, thank you po."

"Osya, magsi-uwi na kayo, mga iha. Anong oras na oh? Umuulan pa. Lalakas na 'yan maya-maya."

"We will po. Pasensya na po sa abala."

Bumalik na ulit si Allianah sa upuan nila kanina, with Mich following behind her silently. Even though they asked already, it didn't help to ease Allianah's mind off.

"Do you think they went home together already?" Mich decided to ask, seeing Allianah's bothered expression.

"Hopefully? But as far as I know, they're like cats and dogs. There's no way they'd go home together."

"Maybe they went home on their seperate ways? But sabay silang umalis."

"Sana nga ganun..."

Not knowing what else to say, Mich decided to cheer her up. "Hey, we'll know it soon naman if they're safe or if they went home safely, okay? Let's wait until tomorrow. If wala pa rin sila, I'll call the authorities. Come on, it's getting late."

Although Allianah's still unconvinced, she found Mich's smile and words comforting. She decided to trust the red-head and smiled back, nodding her head.

"Anyway, do you have a car with you?" Mich asked.

"I don't. I don't have a license pa eh. Si Jordy ang naghahatid-sundo sa'kin." Allianah responded.

"Mhm, I see. Hold on."

Mich took out her phone and started typing. A few minutes later, she puts her phone back into her pocket and faced Allianah again.

"Okay, I'm done."

"What did you do?"

"Just... storm checked." Mich chuckled. "Anyway, since you don't have a ride home, maybe I could give you one? If it's okay with you. There's my car. I parked it in front of the building para mas madaling kunin."

Allianah was taken aback. "Really? Ikaw ba? Is it okay?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't, Allianah."

"Nakakahiya, Mich..." Tanggi ni Allianah.

"Okay lang, don't you worry. Besides, it's late already. Plus the rain's getting heavier. It's dangerous to go home alone."