Chapter 22

"Ay! Nandito ka na pala, Macky, iho! Pasok na, naku! Sakto malapit na kaming maghapunan." Bungad ng nanay ni Madi kay Macky.

"Thank you po." Pasasalamat ni Macky at ngumiti. His eyes landed on Madi and his smile went brighter upon seeing her.

"You're here na rin pala, my baby Mackie! Come on over here!"

As Macky opened his arms, Madi immediately stood up and gave him a warm embrace, which the guy gave back.

And of course, Kio just had to witness all of this in front of her very own eyes.

"Okay lang talaga, bai. 'Di naman masakit. Parang kagat lang ng dinosaur."

As soon as the two finished hugging each other, Macky took notice of Kio's presence and asked. "Oh! We have another company po?"

"Ah, this is Kio pala, Mack. Kaibigan ni Madi." Madi's dad introduced Kio for the guy.

"Oh, I see! Hello there!" Macky stepped closer, approaching Kio where she was at and held out a hand in front of her. "The name's Macky. And you're... Kio? Did I get that right?"

"O-opo." Kio shakily took Macky's hand and went in for a handshake.

Macky chuckled as he noticed this. "Don't be too nervous, Kio. Unless you did something to my Mackie. But I'm sure you wouldn't dare to do so, 'no?"

Kio nervously laughed and nodded before releasing her grasp on Macky's hand.

Macky's joke didn't help to ease the tension building up inside of her. In fact, it made her more uncomfortable. Especially when Macky called 'My Mackie'.

Kio took out her phone and pretended to have received a text message. She stood up as if she's in a hurry, much to everyone in the room's surprise.

"Bakit, Kio? May problema ba?" Madi asked in concern.

"A-ah kasi... Nag-text sa'kin si mama. Pinapauwi na kasi ako." Kio excused.

Madi raised a brow at her. "Huh? Eh diba nagpaalam ka naman sa kaniya kanina na dito ka magdi-dinner?"

"B-biglaan lang kasi, sorry..."

"Ganun ba..?" Madi's face fell but she immediately forced herself to smile again. "Sige ah, basta next time."

Kio didn't answer and just nodded at Madi.

"Balik ka, iha, ah? Welcome ka rito lagi." Madi's mom assured her.

"Salamat po, tita. Pa'no, mauna na po ako ah?"

"Ingat, Kio." Paalam ng tatay ni Madi sa kanya.

Kio waved goodbye at everyone, even Macky, before rushing towards the door and running away far from the Ricalde's household.

She couldn't possibly last another minute inside. Not when she sees how affectionate Madi and Macky are with each other.

---

As soon as Kio got home, she immediately ran towards her bedroom and plopped herself to bed, hugging a pillow as a comfort as she sobbed quietly on it.

Kio's phone suddenly vibrated which made her wipe her tears before taking a look at her phone screen.

🟢 Madi Ricalde

Madi:
> Kio?
> Are you okay?
> Nakita ko kasi kanina na mukhang malungkot ka :<
> Did you get uncomfy kay Mack?