Chapter 24

The day, or night in this case, has finally come. Everyone's ready to enjoy the event. Lahat sila nakaabang na sa labas, waiting for the event to start.

But Gaille? She's sitting down on their dance studio's sofa, looking really bothered. Nagdadalawang-isip na siya kung itutuloy niya pa ba 'yung deal nila ni Serena.

---

Flashback

Gaille and Claire just finished another dance practice and are now currently taking a break.

As Claire takes a sip of from her water bottle, Gaille approached her and called for her.

"Claire."

"Hmm?" Claire responded and puts the bottle cap back on after drinking. "Gab? What's up?"

"Are you comfortable talking about Serena?"

Claire paused. She knew exactly what Gaille meant by that. But she remembered who's the girl in front of her. She know she could trust Gaille with her secrets so there's no need to be afraid of.

"Yes. You can ask anything as well. I won't mind." Claire answered, giving Gaille her best smile.

"If you're sure... I just wanted to ask, what made you like her in the first place?"

Claire thought about it for a moment before responding. "I couldn't answer something so specific, though. There's a lot of things to like about Serena. But I guess the moment I realized that I do like her already was the time when I was given the responsibility to continue the dance troupe, as requested by our seniors."

Gaille nodded and listened thoroughly. She motioned for Claire to go on.

"Serena... Hindi niya 'ko iniwan. She was there for me since the beginning. She made me feel like I wasn't alone with a huge responsibility in my hands. Easing up my thoughts whenever I get exhausted, saying that I can do it, I just needed to rest first. Things just... becomes easier with her around."

"So, if hindi ko siya niligawan, you would've shoot your shot?" Gaille questioned as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"I guess so..? Natatakot lang naman akong umamin since I would be risking our friendship. Plus, she's dated a lot of guys. I never knew she would start being interested in girls."

"I see."

Claire immediately added. "P-pero 'wag mong masamain, ha, Gab? I don't plan on getting in between you two. Basta kung saan kayo masaya, I support! I do think you guys are meant for each other."

Gaille couldn't answer. She just forced herself to smile at Claire. And since then, she'd always question herself about the whole deal between her and Serena.

Flashback End

---

"I don't want to keep doing these things to Claire. I don't wanna lie to her anymore."

Especially after finding out about Claire's real feelings.

Gaille sighed and placed her palms over her face. "If I didn't enter the scene, Claire would've probably confessed to Serena. But, Serena doesn't actually like girls. We're just pretending and I'm a part of her plan. So even if I do back out on our deal, masasaktan lang din si Claire."

"Take care of Serena."

"Ang hirap naman ng hiling mo, Claire." Gaille laughed mentally.