Chapter 15

In a different setting, the class of Grade 11-ABM are attentively listening to their instructor who's explaining their current assigned project task.

"Today we're going to divide the class into pairs since medyo kaunti lang kayo. This is for your performance task for the first semester in Organization and Management. 'Wag kayong mag-settle for "okay na 'yan basta may maipasa!" I want everyone to give their best dahil malaki ang dagdag puntos nito para sa grades niyo. No output, mababang grades and could possibly lead to failure of this subject."

Inside Jordyn's head, she immediately thought of pairing up with Allianah. Not only is she the only one she's close with, but also because she knew that the latter can come up with a lot of amazing ideas, combined with their ability to fluently deliver their output, they're the perfect duo.

A student raised his hand. "Sir, kayo po ba mamimili ng pairs?" He asked.

"I was going to. However, surely most of you will be paired already with a friend. As much as possible, ayoko no'n kasi pa'no niyo makikilala ang isa't isa kung pare-parehong mukha ang makakasama niyo? For that, I will randomly choose the pairings."

Jordyn mentally cursed inside her head. "Pakshet ka, sir! Sana lang si Iya or someone na matino maka-group ko kundi kakalbuhin talaga kita."

Their instructor opened his records book and flipped it to the page where the names of his 11-ABM students are.

"Let's start with the pairings, shall we?"

Everyone nodded as agreement to their instructor and some even said "yes po, sir!" in synch.

"Okay, first we have Ralph Lim and Aaron Mitchell..."

The list pairings went on until they were down to the last four students; Allianah, Jordyn, Sydney, and one of their male classmates, Theo.

"Next will be Allianah Arceta and Theo Uyam."

"Aguy, pre! Sayang makaka-partner mo na sana crush mo!" Sigaw ng kaibigan ni Theo and lightly slapped the guy's shoulder.

"Ayieeee!"

"Settle down, class!" Tumahimik naman ang lahat after sila suwayin ng guro.

Allianah and Jordyn had an eye contact together. The former gave her a look of an apology for not being able her partner for their performance task.

"Last pairing na, which means..."

"Jordyn Robles and Sydney Sevilleja."

"Kung minamalas ka nga naman!"

Hindi na maitago ni Jordyn ang pagkadismaya sa mukha niya nang marinig kung sino ang magiging partner niya. Out of all people, it had to be the girl whom she labeled at as a spoiled brat. Mahaba talaga ang pasensya niya in general, pero pagdating kay Sydney, parang lahat ng inipon niyang pasensya ay nauubos bigla.

And surely, Sydney feels the same way because she immediately stood up and tried to protest about the decision of pairings.

"Sir, can I switch partners po? I don't want to work with her." Turo ni Sydney kay Jordyn.

This immediately triggered the girl she pointed at that's why she snapped back. "Aba?! Ikaw pa talaga may ganang maging choosy?!"

"Ms. Sevilleja, give me a valid reason why I should let you change partners."

"Palautos po 'yan sa groupings, sir! Kawawa po ako 'pag siya ka-pair ko!"

This time, napatayo na si Jordyn sa sobrang inis. "Sinasabi mo diyan?! Since when?!"