Chapter 21

As soon as Gaille went home, she plopped herself to bed and closed her eyes.

Not only was she quite tired because of the practice, but also because there's a lot of things going on inside her mind right now.

"Take care of Serena for me..."

"Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali." Gaille thought to herself. "Those words with her tone... It's not just a simple favor for a friend she cared for. It means something more, I'm sure of it."

Napaupo na lang sa kama si Gaille as she tried to comprehend her current situation.

"I have a crush on Claire, Claire likes Serena. How about Serena? Who does she like?"

---

Lunes na naman at may pasok na ulit lahat ng estudyante.

At dahil diyan, Kio took this as an opportunity to be able to talk to Gaille in person and ask for help... again.

"Bai, tulungan mo ko. 'Di ko alam gagawin ko!" Kio exclaimed while panicking, shaking Gaille to persuade her.

Kio and Gaille are inside the school's café. They gathered around just because the former needs some help and advice from the latter.

"What is it this time?" Gaille questioned, seemingly used to how her friend acts.

"May event pa sa gabi same day as Thanksgiving Day, diba? Yung Weenie Roast. Diba may mga performance kineme do'n like nung sa inyo ta's live bands? Gusto kong ayain si Madi! Manood sana kami na as in hiwalay sa circle namin, gano'n!"

"Ah, in other words, gusto mong ma-solo?" Gaille asked.

"Parang gano'n na nga. Kaso 'di ko alam pa'no siya aayain."

"Can't you just straight up ask her? I'm sure she'd agree. Friends naman kayo, right?" Gaille suggested, which made Kio shook her head.

"Ayoko ng gano'n lang! Pa'no ako magkaka-plus points kung direct to the point lang ako? No efforts? Hindi pwede!"

Gaille shrugged. "I don't see what's wrong with being straight to the point?"

Kio sighed. "Alam mo, ewan ko kung pa'no naging interesado sa'yo si Sere. Kahit si Jo na torpe marunong pumorma kay Iya eh."

"Kio, you need to remember that not everything should all be grande just for people to be interested in you. You just have to be sincere with your feelings. If you'd made Mackenzie feel that you really want to be her company for the event, then just be genuine with asking, you know? I know she'd agree without thinking twice."

Napatikom na lang ng bibig si Kio sa sinabi ni Gaille. She knew her friend clearly has a point. Naisip niya na lang na, siguro, masyado lang niyang iniisip kung pa'no siya mapapansin ng crush niya that she had forgotten to consider Madi's feelings.

"Okay, sige. Binabawi ko na. Ang swerte nga ni Sere sa'yo." Kio stated which made Gaille roll her eyes out of her friend's silliness.

Kio shifts closer to Gaille and lowered down her voice. "Nga pala, Gab, speaking of Sere, ikaw lang talaga 'yung manliligaw niya na nagtagal. Wala pa ba kayong plano na maging official?"

Gaille pursed her lips. "We're... getting there. I actually have a plan in mind on how to make her say 'yes'."

"Yown! Grabe ka na talaga, bai! Kaya sa'yo ako eh!" Kio lightly punched Gaille's arm. "Ano ba 'yang plano mo? Baka may makuha akong idea."