Chapter 28

"We're just lying to people, Serena."

"You don't even feel anything for me, diba? So why? Why would you even bother?"

"There's no other reason for me to that, 'no?"

Gaille opened her eyes and sat up on her bed, leaning against the bed frame with her palms over her face.

"What did I get myself into..?"

She didn't wished any of this to happen. Gusto lang niya naman ng tahimik na buhay, admiring someone from afar while still focusing on her studies.

Then one day, all so suddenly, she had these several responsibilities and promises in hand she had to handle.

Her phone suddenly vibrated. She wondered who would text her suddenly at this hour when it's almost nighttime.

"Ah, of course. It's him."

Gaille opened her phone and clicked on the notification bar, the one that messaged her.

Unknown
> Nak si papa to.
> Looks like you blocked my last number again.
> You can just ignore my messages nak.
> Just pls don't block it again.
> Okay na ko na I can tell you anything even if you don't answer.
> I've also sent your allowance na sa Gcash acc mo.
> I know you're a good kid and you're keeping your savings well.
> Sana nak I can talk to you in person.
> Pls talk to papa na if you're ready na ha?
> I love you, Gaille.
> Ingat ka palagi. ❤️

Gaille felt her heart tighten at reading those messages from her father.

"Ang kapal talaga ng mukha niyang kulitin ako into forgiving him when he doesn't even understand that what he did was beyond forgiving."

Gaille could feel her tears blurring her sight, which she quickly wiped away as she turned her phone off and threw it on her bed away from her.

And as if her situation wasn't enough of a struggle already, she heard her mom's voice from downstairs as if she's talking to someone.

Gaille decided to take a peak and went outside of her room. From upstairs, she saw her mom on the phone, talking with tears falling from her eyes and a smile across her lips.

"'Wag kang m-mag-alala, Gael. Matatanggap ka rin ni Gab-Gab balang araw, h-ha? 'Wag kang sumuko. Alam ko na m-miss ka na rin no'n." Gaille's mother said in between sobs.

Gaille's jaw clenched hearing what her mother said. She couldn't hold back her anger anymore and decided to go downstairs to have a word with her mom.

"Ano na naman ba 'tong naririnig ko sa'yo, Ma?!"

Gulat na napatingin sa kaniya ang kaniyang ina. She even almost dropped her phone because of Gaille's sudden appearance beside her. Gaille's mom suddenly ended the call as well.

"Gab-! K-kasi—"

"You're trying to welcome dad again with open arms as if he did nothing?! Hanggang kailan ka pa ba magiging manhid, Ma?! When would you finally decide to stop being blind by his fake kindness and generosity?! Kapag inulit niya 'yung sakit na ipinaramdam niya sa'yo before?!"

"Gab, tama na..."

"No, Ma, what you're doing is the one that has to end na. You can't keep being like this... Ako ang nasasaktan para sa'yo." Unti-unting humina ang boses ni Gaille matapos pagtaasan nang boses ang kaniya ina. Unti-unti na rin siyang nanghihina dahil sa sitwasyon niya.