Chapter 32

"Gaille, tapos ka na?"

"Just a moment, I— damn it!"

Gaille and Serena were inside the school's restroom. Gaille stood at the mirror, applying the ointment the school nurse had given her for her bruised lip, which she had forgotten to use earlier. Fortunately, Serena had reminded her to bring it along.

Hearing Gaille hiss in pain, Serena approached and gently took the ointment from her hand.

"Masakit pa rin ba? Ingatan mo kasi paglagay, amin na."

Serena dabbed a small amount of ointment on her finger and applied it carefully to Gaille's injured lip.

"Dahan-dahan lang kasi oh."

Serena, shorter than Gaille, had to look up slightly as she focused on Gaille's lips. Meanwhile, Gaille found herself unable to look away, struck by their close proximity.

While Serena focuses on applying the ointment, Gaille couldn't help but look at her. This was probably the closest proximity they had with each other ever.

Gaille felt her palms sweating as she struggled to catch her breath.

"Ayan! Tapos na!"

Serena finally stepped back from Gaille, much to the latter's relief, taking a deep breath to regain her steady breathing.

"Do you... usually go that near towards your friends' face..?" Gaille questioned, subtly fanning her face with her handkerchief.

"Ha? Oo normal na sa'min 'yon." Serena's eyes widened in realization. "Ay, hala! Sorry! Were you uncomfy ba? 'Di ko sinasadya!"

"No, it's just—"

Gaille's phone suddenly rang, interrupting what she was going to say to Serena.

Gaille took it out from her pocket and looked at the screen. She saw Kio's contact name and gave it to Serena, who looked at her confusedly.

"Answer it." Gaille stated.

"Ba't ako?"

"I'm just gonna use the comfort room saglit. Labas."

Having no other choice since Gaille pushed her outside, Serena answered the phone and placed it close to her ear.

"Gab! Buti sumagot ka!"

"Hi, Kio! Si Serena 'to."

"Ay? Gano'n? May privilege na humawak ng phone 'pag bebe? Ems!"

Serena laughed. "Ba't ka napatawag? Nandito lang naman tayo sa school."

"Nandito kasi kami sa cafeteria ngayon. Mga friends ko andito, plus si Madi, Yana and 'yung friend ni MJ na si Sydney. Ayain ko lang sana kayo na sumabay sa'min. Pumayag ka, wala kang choice."

"Papayag naman ako kahit may choice, Kio!"

Kio laughed from the other line. "Yown! Kaya sa'yo ako eh! Si Gab pakihila na lang. Introvert kasi 'yan. Pero feel ko naman papayag siya basta sinabi mo, yieee!"

"Loko ka talaga. Sige, Kio, sunod kami! Nag-CR lang si Gaille saglit."

"Sure! Sure! See you!"

Kio hang up as soon as both her and Serena bid goodbyes to each other. Serena just stood right on the corner waiting for Gaille.

Speaking of Gaille, she's currently in front of the sink, looking at the mirror above it. From there, she could see how red her face was because of Serena earlier.

"She needs to learn that close proximity can be dangerous for gay girls." Gaille thought to herself as she splashed water on her face to cool down. Since the ointment had washed away, she reapplied it carefully.

However, as she does, the scene earlier kept replaying in her mind for some reason.

---

Gaille, finally back in her usual stoic expression, along with Serena, went to the school cafeteria to have lunch with Kio and the rest of the students she mentioned earlier at the phone call.

Once inside, they immediately spotted Kio, waving over at them, motioning for both of them to sit down at their table.

"Ayan na ang COD couple ko! Tagal mag-CR ni Gab ah, Sere? Akala ko nilamon na siya ng inidoro." Biro ni Kio habang paupo na ang dalawang bagong dating. "Oh, ba't ganyan labi mo, Gab? Nagmomol ba kayo ni Sere ta's kinagat niya?"

Agad siyang binatukan ni Jordyn na katabi lang niya.

"Tanginang bunganga 'yan, Kio." Sabat ni Serena.

"Ambargas naman oh, giliw ko." Dagdag ni Madi na nasa kabilang gilid lang ni Kio.

"Hinahalikan mo si Mads gamit 'yang bibig na 'yan?" Pahabol ni Jordyn.

Mabuti na lang talaga at sila-sila lang ang nasa loob ng cafeteria, kasama na ang mga staff.

"Curious lang naman ako!" Depensa ni Kio habang hinihimas ang ulo niyang binatukan ni Jordyn. "Saka wala pa kaming first kiss ni—"

"Anyways-! Before we drift away from the topic again, would you mind telling us what happened, Gab... is it?"

The rest of the circle were really thankful for Allianah's presence. If it wasn't for her, it would still be a total chaos at their table.

"Mhm, it's short for Gabrielle." Gaille answered before putting a finger on her lip. "And about this bruise, a jerk threw his basketball directly at me."

"A jerk? Who?" Mich questioned.

"Si Mayores. My former suitor." Serena answered in which Gaille nodded in agreement.

"Gago talaga 'yon." Kio cursed, her anger for the guy rising. "Kayo na ni Gab, oh? 'Di pa rin niya ba ma-gets?"

This time, Sydney's the one to state what she knows about Justine. "Gano'n daw talaga 'yon sabi ng seniors namin. He's such a sore loser. Hanggang salita lang din naman threats niya kasi no one's really in favor of him."

"Are you guys talking about Justine Mayores?" Mich butted in.

"I think I've heard that name before..." Allianah wondered. "Diba he's already dating a girl from another school?"

Gaille and Serena almost jumped from their seats out of the new information they got about Justine.

"Dating?"

"Sino?"

Sabay na tanong nila Gaille and Serena kay Allianah.

Mich snapped her fingers. "Ah, right! I saw him once with a blonde girl after school. Was that his girlfriend? If so, why is he still trying to intervene between Gab and Serena?"

"Try stalking Justine's profile. Baka malaman niyo do'n kung sino." Madi suggested.

Gaille quickly took out her phone and looked up Justine's account. Once she did, she already saw a girl's name, with a heart beside it, on his bio.

"Stephanie Jordan... familiar." Bulong ni Gaille sa sarili before searching the girl's name.

Serena, who's beside her, looked at Gaille's phone screen as well. For her, the name sounds oddly familiar as well. It was as if she heard it already from before.

"You're mutual friends oh." Sabi ni Serena kay Gaille.

"I don't remember someone named Stephanie, though."

Finally remembering who the girl was, Serena smirked and placed her hand on Gaille's shoulder.

"You don't, but I'm pretty sure her second name rings a bell."

***