Chapter 14

It's already been two months since Gaille had started "courting" Serena. Inside the campus, they tend to hangout together as much as they can, whilst outside or after class, they prefer to live their lives individually.

During those period of courtship, Gaille just kept doing what she would think would be her way of courting someone.

But for Serena, she personally thinks that the tall girl is kind of holding back from giving her all. Which is kind of understandable knowing how Gaille wouldn't want to make too much effort for someone she doesn't really like romantically.

Gaille would often bring her faux flowers since she doesn't want to spend too much money considering what's going on between her and Serena are just fake and all for show.

What she would do, however, is treat Serena with meals she could buy from their school canteen or even at some fastfood chains that she passes by when she's on her way to school.

Most of the times, Sere would receive real bouquet of flowers from her past suitors. Although she may appreciate some of it, it got a little too old for her liking.

Saying that, "Araw-araw na lang may bulaklak. Makakain ko ba 'to?! Nabubulok lang naman sila sa bahay!"

So out of all things that her suitors did, even if Gaille's not a real one, what the girl did was the one Serena loved the most.

Being given something to eat for breakfast and lunch is something that Serena would favor more than being given flowers and even gifts that aren't really practical for her.

In short, Serena's actually glad she chose Gaille as her "suitor".

But all of these little things didn't go unnoticed by the students inside the campus. Some of them were actually getting fond of their "relationship" because of how well Gaille has been treating Serena ever since she started "courting" her.

But of course, there's always the ones opposed to them. They insulted Gaille for being too "cheap" for giving Serena only fake flowers and even only buying fastfood or canteen foods for the latter when she could've just taken the girl out on some fancy restaurant or something. Most of the ones that mocked the tall girl were Serena's past suitors.

Gaille was unfazed by the insults, of course. Ano naman daw ngayon kung iyon lang binibigay niya kay Serena?

"Those people doesn't know what courtship means, I swear. Gusto ba nila mag-all out ako habang nanliligaw pa lang? Isn't that just love bombing?"

If Gaille were to actually court someone genuinely, she would do the same methods she's doing with Serena.

And even then, the latter has no complaints whatsoever. So sino ba sila para mag-decide kung anong treatment dapat ibigay kay Serena?

Speaking of those two, they're hanging out by the school café dahil may nakitang bagong rice meal si Serena sa menu nila. Agad niyang inaya si Gaille na do'n sila kumain para sabay nilang matikman 'yung rice meal.

And, of course, Gaille being the generous one between them, insisted to treat Serena kaya naman sa sobrang saya niya, siya na ang um-order para sa kanilang dalawa.

"Parang ayoko na kumain sa canteen after this! Dito na lang ako lagi!" Serena exclaimed after finishing half of her rice meal already.

"I have to admit, their buttered chicken tastes good." Gaille commented and took a bite of her food.

"Right?! Affordable na rin siya. 50 pesos lang!"

"Quite surprising to think that they used real chicken for this meal considering the price. I thought I would only come here just for the coffee. Pero I guess not anymore."

As Gaille took a sip on her drink, Serena chuckled and spoke after realizing something about the girl across her.

"You're a big foodie rin 'no?" Serena questioned.

"I guess you could say that. I just enjoy eating in general. Ikaw?"

"Ako rin naman. One thing I've noticed kapag ang isa tao ay foodie, they also know how to cook? Pero somehow hindi ako nabiyayaan ng skills sa kitchen." Serena stated and let out a little laugh. "Ikaw ba? Marunong ka?"

"Not entirely skilled but I know how to cook common dishes like adobo and sinigang. I also bake sometimes. Does that count?"

"What if asawahin mo na 'ko?"

Gaille choked on her food after hearing what Serena blurted out. The latter handed her water bottle to the other and waited for Gaille to stop coughing.

"Are you fucking serious?"

Serena bursted out laughing seeing Gaille's expression right now. Genuinely confused with a raised eyebrow, looking at Serena as if she grew another head.

"Nagmumura ka pala? By the way, charot lang 'yung kanina! OA mo nasamid ka pa!"

"But why would you suddenly say something like that out loud? Nakakagulat ka."

"Wala lang. Bukod kasi na you have certain traits of what a green flag has, plus the fact that you know how to cook, it screams very wifey material 'no?"

Medyo namumula ang mukha ni Gaille out of bashfulness. Minsan talaga hindi niya kinakaya pagiging blunt ni Serena when it comes to complimenting her.

It may have been a simple praise for a straight girl like Serena, but for Gaille to hear that from a fellow woman? Call for help and save her from gay panicking.

Gaille still hasn't responded to Serena. And it seems like the latter wasn't going to drop the topic off anytime soon. So, she just decided to change it.

"You're thinking about calling me a wifey material eh hindi pa nga tayo official sa relationship na'tin." Gaille stated whilst emphasizing the two words. She cannot use the term fake since the're not the only ones inside the school café right now.

"Gusto mo na ba? Grabe, I didn't expect for you na maging atat magkaroon ng label."

"Hindi naman ako nagmamadali. Just... you know." Gaille motioned herself and Serena using her pointer finger, signalling the agreement between them without saying it out loud.

Serena seemed to get what she was talking about and thought of when would she make their "relationship" official. She was actually planning to just casually say na sila na, but she had a better idea.

"Okay, tell you what. Bibigyan na kita ng label soon."

"But..?" Gaille motioned for her to go on.

"Remember the upcoming event this November?"

"Thanksgiving Day? Yes? We've been practicing for our performance on that event, how could I forget?"

"Mhm, pero speaking of performance, I will make our relationship official na— On one condition."

"And that is?"

"Give me a solo performance that would make me say yes."

***