🌹Yeonkai- Off The Record

"So let me get this straight. You voluntarily walked into here? Into a prison? You know this is a prison right?"

Yeonjun set his metal lunch tray down across from his new friend. "Yes... I'm aware of what I got myself into."

"Huh..." Soobin took a bite of his raw steak then a sip of ice cold water. "You do realize how dangerous this place is right? Hell, most people don't even know we exist. We're off every record that you can be off of."

"I know that too." Yeonjun was mildly disgusted at how much blood was coming out of the piece of meat the other was chewing on. His appetite was lost the more he watched him. After watching him lick more blood off of his lips, his appetite was gone. "What are you here for?"

"I'm a werewolf."

"I can tell."

"Yup." Soobin's canines dropped as he downed the last of his water. "See? Pretty cool huh?"

"I guess?"

"And you?"

"Who says I have abilities?"

"You're in here walking freely without a weapon on you. We all know."

Yeonjun bit into his red apple then shrugged. "I'm a healer. I can basically survive anything. They think I can cure you guys."

"So they're paying you a lot of money then."

"Basically. My family really needs it. As long as they're taken care of, I'm staying here." Yeonjun looked around and noticed everyone else was looking at them but staying away from them. "They all scared of you or something?"

"Accidentally killed one of them last night. It's a full moon. Not my fault if you ask me. If anything, you should blame the guards for not protecting her better."

"You'd think they'd have tranqualizers."

"They do but I'm a fast fucker. Plus, my fur is pretty thick. They learned that the first night I turned when their needles weren't long enough. That was the closest I ever got to dying."

"They shot you?"

"Exactly."

Yeonjun looked around again to count how many people were in the lunchroom. There was 12 as far as he could see yet there was at least 36 doors in the floors above them. "Where's everyone else?"

"Oh. We eat in shifts so we're easier to control. Some of them are still too scared of me to come out and eat."

"So you're the most dangerous person in here then?"

Soobin took pride in that insinuation. "No actually. The government is."

"You know what I mean."

"Fine." Soobin opened his mouth to speak until alarms blared through the speakers. None of the other prisoners moved but most of the guards did. They all seemed to rush towards a lone cell on the top floor. Soobin pointed to that cell and declared "he is."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Yeonjun watched the thick iron door go from gray to white in the blink of an eye. One second later the door was blown off of it's hinges, knocking over the closest people to it. Guards shouted to get out of the way as the white continued to grow along the walls.

Medics came rushing in next after the commander gave the clear. He heard one of them shout "how long has he been holding back?!"

A soldier answered "a week! He couldn't contain it anymore!"

"MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! Get him some fluids and some food STAT!"

Yeonjun saw a patch of silver blue hair on a stretcher followed by a pale hand of ivory white. He stood up on his seat to get a better look at the person but the medics were moving too quickly for him to get a decent view. "Is he okay?!"